ATC: How to act on Ground

Hello. My name is Marc and I am an ATC controller in Infinite Flight.

As you may have noticed, there is a new ATC feature in Infinite Flight :smile:

I will explain you today, how you have to act on the ground. In my example, there is a plane “LX46” at KMIA Ground. It is a A330. LX46 wants to fly to LSZH. At the moment, it stands at its parking positions. So let’s help LX46 taxiing to the takeoff.

LX64: Request Pushback
Ground: Pushback approved.

Now you are allowed to pushback. As soon as you are ready for taxi, you request it.

ATTENTION! DO NOT TAXI WITHOUT CLEARANCE!!!

There are 3 options under “Request Taxi”.

• Active Runway: You use that when you don’t care which runway you want to take off
  • Specific Runway: You use that when you want to taxi to a specific runway
  • Parking: You use that when you want to taxi to parking

LX64 wants to taxi to RWY 12.

LX64: Request taxi to RWY 12
Ground: Taxi to RWY 08L. Contact tower when ready

Ground wants you taxiing to RWY 08L. You have to do this. Ground is boss.

When you’re first in line, you change frequencie to tower and request takeoff.

ATTENTION 1 : DO NOT REQUEST FREQUENCIE CHANGE! JUST DO IT (when you’re first in line)!!!
ATTENTION 2: DO NOT REQUEST TAKEOFF WHILE TAXIING! REQUEST ONLY WHEN YOU’RE FIRST IN LINE!!!

Tower: Cleared for takoff, LX64

Hooray! We made it! LX64 is airborne.

15 Likes

Um what about LX64 requesting takeoff? And it’s spelled frequency not frequencie lol 😅

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

My English is not the best 😁😅.

2 Likes

Time for a bump.

Special emphasis on this:

5 Likes

Trust me Benny there are many doing that basically they don’t know what they want in life.

2 Likes

Hello! I would like to know more. Often the request pushback isn’t there as a choice, as well as request to park (I’ve never seen that one) often when requesting taxi there no answer. I waited once for an hour and decided to just end Flight

I would participate in any tutorial you direct me to

1 Like

Maybe when you request for taxi there was no Ground Controller at the moment. If you’re taking to Unicom there will be no answer. You need to check frequencies to see if there is an active Ground ATC.

1 Like

Thank-you. Is there any reason to communicate when it’s Unicom, since there no confirmation of transmission?

They do on Playground. I zoom in on the end of the open runway when controlling and often see this happen. They request for take off clearance when they are nowhere near the runway. I simply ignore them and pay attention to the one first in line.

Trying to learn here, since the subject of Unicom was mentioned. Would Unicom be a learning tool for pilots to get used to communicating? Not sure I understand how to use Unicom since there’s no response from Unicom.

Also, for safety I always look before, however the safety factor does befuddle me.

i think if you are lonely in the airport with no planes approaching and no planes taking off, i request the take off for and sometime i got the clearance immediatly, while i’m taxiing (but nearby the runway)

1 Like

Thank-you 😎

Its not very recommended, but its happen in real life.

One thing is that i dont ask ground controllers for pushback just whrn im ready to taxi

I find most follow instructions on ground really well.