ATC help, worried about violations

If an ATC is ignoring radio calls/giving the wrong radio calls am I allowed to ignore them? I’m concerned about getting a violation if I ignore them.

I’m the only aircraft at SFO on the Training Server, and the Ground controller doesn’t seem to know what they are doing.

1 Like

You cannot get a violation from ATC in training server! How wrong are their instructions?

5 Likes

I requested to cross Runway 1L, and they kept directing me to contact the Tower (which doesn’t have a controller), as an example.

1 Like

Hi! If you are on Training Server the controllers can’t report you, so you don’t have to worry about it. Unfortunately, some Training Server controllers are not very good. If you go on Expert Server you will find experienced controllers that know what are they doing, so if you follow instructions, nothing will happen. In addition, if on Expert Server a controller gives you a report without any reason (it happens by mistake most of the time), you can contact the Appeals that will help you. Thank you 😀

2 Likes

Thanks for the help and tips guys! I appreciate it.

have a good evening, and happy flying!

If you guys are on the Training Server this evening, my callsign tonight is American 2042 and I will be flying from KSFO to KPHX.

2 Likes

I’ll try hoping on and providing you with some “Expert Service” when you arrive at KPHX

My ATC Tracking Thread:

1 Like

*True with one exception for TS. If someone spawns into an active IFATC Training Session and becomes disruptive or shows behavior not acceptable on ES, they may be issued violations.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know that. Thank you for adding this detail. Bye-bye!

haha! Thanks! No pressure though! I’m just chilling this evening, and squeezing in one last flight before bed. (I might not even complete it. I’m nodding off as it is. It’s currently 3:45 am for me)

1 Like

also, thanks for this info! Good to know.

Well I’m open so maybe I’ll have some traffic by the time you make it. Hope to see you make a safe landing lol

1 Like

Thanks! It’s only another 40-50 minutes to Phoenix, so we’ll see! If I end up deciding to sign off, I’ll be sure to mention it.

1 Like

No problem! See you in a few if you hold out

1 Like

Actually, I am going to call it a night. Thanks for being willing to open KPHX though! I really appreciate.

I can just hear my bed calling my name.

1 Like

No problem! Hope to see you flying into one of my airports another day. Have a good night!