Let me know what you think down below…
This idea was by a collaboration(ish) of me and @Ignas04
Okay - so lets jump right in -
What is this?
Basically, I am proposing a grading system for ATC - like the current pilot grading system, you could earn points or operations to level up, unlocking different things like center, ATIS, etc…
Ahh… the most basic… the one we all start in…
- Ground Controller/Clearance Delivery
- After, for say 15 successful “upratings” (maybe like a controller rating system [How was the ATC? Would you recommend it?]), you would be moved up?
Okey dokey, so you’re fresh certified… now you get access too…
- Tower - the second in line…
- Maybe not able to “multitask” (controlling two channels at once at a busy airport (KLAX))
- After 100 “upvotes,” you may move up?
Wow! You’re like an expert! (Be aware, none of these controllers will have access to the EXPERT SERVER until they apply for IFATC.
- MAY be able to “multitask” (controlling multiple channels at once)
- After 200 “upvotes,” you may move up?
- Ability to “tell to follow directions” (taken away recently :( )
Great! You’re one of the top! You’ve unlocked important parts of being an ATC controller.
- In this level, you have shown the ability to be able to be a great ATC - making lives easier for people
- Center, and mainly APPR are very important and quite frankly complicated…
- Report (Like alert others - maybe like a warning record) None of the grades should be allowed to ghost - it’s simply not something for them… (too much trolling)
Yay!!! You’re officially - THE MASTER!
- ALL FREQUENCIES (ATIS!)
- Yeah… NO GHOSTING
I think you guys get it - its a pilot rating system for ATC!
This idea originated from VATSIM - an online ATC service for FSX, XPLANE, and P3D users.
Okay, so a bunch of you are probably wondering about IFATC - this proposal is only for TS1 - IFATC’s job will remain in place. But this could be used as a “credit,” like what grade they have which improves their chances of “getting hired?”
Constructive criticism is encouraged, please comment on this so I can improve it.
Yes! I do understand that this would take time and a ton of work - but would the outcomes outweigh the costs? Let me know down in the comments
Aviation Enthusiast, virtualBlue KBOS Hub Manager, Grade 3