ATC From a Computer

Is there any software that I can use to air traffic control on IF through a computer. If there isn’t, then is there any upcoming plans for this?

2 Likes

LiveFlight is useful for maps, radar and it can help you control IF with a joystick if you have one.

1 Like

Yes, but I want to air traffic control through a software on my computer.

1 Like
7 Likes

I am using android and a windows computer.

2 Likes

Afraid not. I don’t think anyone has programmed an app on a desktop to control as ATC.

1 Like

darn, its going to be hard controlling on this small phone.

maybe in the future there will be a way to connect euroscope to infinite flight LUL

@FedoraPilot mentioned LiveFlight - it uses the LiveFLight Connect API which allows you to control aspects of your flight via a PC app. From what I have seen is the API there are no ATC-to-pilot commands.

So, at this time I believe the answer to your question is no.

1 Like

I don’t think such an application exists, but such an application in my opinion would make controlling more efficient for me.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately small phone ATC is difficult but I have done it for a long time just means more precision is needed with clicks.Best of luck with your controlling .

1 Like

@crbascott: Who said LiveFlight Connect was an API? It’s a separate program you can download onto your PC.

@JakeWB: You can use it for ATC, by using the number keys for each command. The only problem is when you get to commands greater than the 1-9 on your keyboard. If I were you, I would get an iPad and use that for controlling. That’s probably the solution that will solve your problem the quickest. If you don’t want to buy an iPad, then either right your own code for this program (many community members do coding for apps and add-ons) or start getting used to that tiny screen.

Cheers!
Cbro

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the help!

I was just looking around the forums, and I found out LiveFlight was working on this kind of concept around 2 years ago. I wonder if the are going to continue the project.

@DavidCutler

I believe you might be able to use Doceri. Not 100% sure though. You could also give this one a go: (http://www.myphonedesktop.com/features.html).

Otherwise, there’s an app called Veency which does exactly what you want, but it requires your iPhone to be jailbroken. I wouldn’t recommend jailbreaking, but your call.

1 Like

Nobody! I didn’t say it was an API. I said it used an API.

@Cbro4 This is what I was specifically talking about. I called it the LiveFlight Connect API but I should have said Infinite Flight Connect API.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/infinite-flight-connect-api-developers

1 Like

Biggest tip I have is to use a stylus! It will seriously help to prevent “fat finger syndrome” and help you control more smoothly

1 Like

It was in the works, but unfortunately we couldn’t really progress it without the necessary data that we needed so the project was scrapped.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t actually control the phone through this method, just view it on a larger screen and record.

1 Like

I’m not aware of any way that you could control the screen, but it might look nicer blown up.

1 Like