ATC Feature Request: Clear the Green Clearance Indicator from the Flight Progress Strip on a Go Around

ATC Feature Request: Clear the Green Clearance Indicator from the Flight Progress Strip on a Go Around

Background: When you are ATC and clear a pilot for landing, the runway the pilot is cleared for is turned green on the flight progress strip:
(screenshot taken from ‘The Perfect ATC Test’ ATC Tutorial: https://youtu.be/wyjs5eWlQZ8)

The issue currently is when ATC/pilot issues/requests a go around, the green indicator is not turned back to the default color…it remains green.

This ‘trap’ (as @azeeuwnl calls it) has caught me off guard as I look at these strips when controlling to verify if I have cleared a plane for landing. The runway in the strip remains green even though I haven’t cleared the plane for landing from the go around. This gets confusing, especially when handling multiple aircraft doing pattern work.

This post is to request that when a go around command is sent to the pilot from ATC that the runway in the flight progress strip be reset back to the default color until the pilot is once again cleared for landing. Once cleared the runway in the strip would turn green again.

1 is the loneliest number…