When you want to perform a straight out departures, you should do the following:
- Ask/announce takeoff departing straight out.
- A straight out departure typically means you stay within the limits of ±15 degrees heading from the centre line of the runway. So if you depart from runway 27, runway heading will be 270. After takeoff any heading between 255(270-15) and 285(270+15) is a straight out departure.
- If you receive ATC instructions to change heading please do so, follow all instructions.
We will departing from a parallel runway so please review this tutorial on proper etiquette:
If you have any questions please leave them below! If ATIS does not include the instruction that you must depart straight out, then just try it anyway for fun.
- Aircraft and Livery: 737 BBJ Infinite Flight
- Route: LGAV-LIRF, view FPL details here.
- Gates: Spawn on the North Apron, specific gate is at your discretion.
- Spacing: 10nm
- Estimated Time of Departure: 2000Z
- Server: Expert
Want to learn how to become part of the ATC Education Group? Join here!