ATC Controller

Is it possible to pm IFAE IFATC Ethan H about my report for not following ATIS. First time flying into an airport with two approaches and I didn’t follow the approach instructions. I admit I was wrong but shouldn’t I get a warning instead of a report? Just bummed I’m back down to grade 2 for one mistake.

Thanks!

Andrew

1 Like

@Ethan_Hansen was your controller. I’ve tagged him so he will be notified in regards to this topic and should hopefully send you a PM shortly.

6 Likes

Hey Andrew,

You were ghosted for not following the NOTAM which said to not fly from any airport within the red circle to ATL. It just adds to all the traffic that flew from a few hours away.

1 Like

Right as @Ethan_Hansen just said, yesterday there was a NOTAM that had to be followed or it may result in an immediate ghost by the controller with no warning. If I were you, next time I would check and read the NOTAM(s) carefully as they include crucial information and so you don’t risk a ghost on your end.

1 Like

I agree I made a mistake but I only contacted the incorrect approach frequency. That’s my first report ever and now I’m back in grade 2. A “check ATIS” type of message would have been a good warning I think but that’s just me. It is what it is.

Thanks,

Andrew