ATC Communication

Is anyone looking into fixing the issue with some users not being able to establish communication with ATC whether thats Ground,Tower or Approach? Its been a couple of months since I and other users reached out to support to help out with this issue and till this day there hasn’t been any topic or update regarding this issue.

2 Likes

This is a known issue and has been addressed and possibly worked on already by the devs. They will most likely hold off on the release though, so that they can get many things done at once. Otherwise, yes, this is a known issue, and for now, simply ending your flight and starting it back up again should help out. If that does not work, you may be having a different issue, in which case please state so, and specify what else may be wrong

1 Like

I’ve done everything to try to fix the issue. The worst part is when one is trying to contact approach after a long flight and ATC doesnt work and you have to end the flight to avoid getting ghosted for violating the airspace.

You can always change your Callsign and Display name to “ATCISSUE”. They will understand.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I did

If you did that, then they shouldn’t ghost you. Then, if they ghost you, contact the controller and say your callsign. Then you should get your ghost repealed.

i had someone change their callsign to ATCISSUE and i was good with it. He also changed it to SORRY, TAKEOFF, etc. Just change your callsign to make the job of the atc easy!

If ATC has communication issues and cannot reach you they have procedures to follow. If you are ghosted because of atc issues and interfering it may be reversed.

Changing your callsign will not get you special treatment and does not mean you can taxi through people or takoff at the wrong time. You can’t communicate, you can still see other planes.

2 Likes

I do hope you mean “does not mean”?

1 Like

I currently have “ATCISSUE” as my callsign. I rarely have any issues contacting ground or tower. The problem mostly happens when trying to contact approach.

MaxSez: Lets Use appropriate and acceptable aviation terminology shall we! “ATCISSUE” is a IF Fledgling construct. The correct ATC voice Terminology is “NORDO” (No Radio). For a complete explanation of the Terminology see the FAA AIM or GOOGLE it. G’nite

2 Likes