Atc communication issue

Is there any update regarding the atc communication issue? Im just completely unable to establish communication with approach and sometimes tower. I cant never finish any flying session because when I try to establish atc communication I cant never get through and as a result I have to end the flight so I dont get ghosted for violating an airspace. Any news?

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean by unable to establish communication?

Are you not able to select the frequency, does it crash, does it give an error, details please.

2 Likes

I cant get through with ATC. I tried to contact approach to get vectors to the airport but I dont ever get a response back yet the controller keeps asking me say intentions. At the Same time the controller is giving all the other people playing instructions.

1 Like

Is this on expert or TS?

1 Like

Its on Expert. Before it happen once in a while but now its all the time

1 Like

I already re-install the app several times hoping it will fix the issue but nothing changes.

1 Like

Typically this is network related. Try with cellular instead of WIFI. Reboot wifi and see if that helps. Reboot your device.

Then we can see how you show up to the ATC. Next time you fly and are connected PM a moderator and we can check with a controller to see if you are showing up as unknown. It also helps if you can take video or screen shots of it so we can see.

1 Like

Do you know who was controlling? Because as Chris said it’s probaly because you show up as “unknown” and they can’t contact you.

1 Like

Im always on my cellphone network and for the most part my signal is pretty good. I even changed my name to ATCISSUE To avoid getting ghosted.

1 Like

Im not sure. In my last session I was trying to contact Gatwick approach on expert server.

1 Like

This has happened to me before, just find out who is controlling, PM them on the forum and they will tell you where to land

1 Like

Ok well next time this is most likely what Chris said you show up as “unknown” as I have had this before I just did a simple restart and fixed it.

Thanks,
Bo

1 Like

I’ll do that again but I already did and nothing happened. I even re-installed the app and nothing

1 Like

Yes but i also suggest making sure you have a strong connection to your WiFi.

1 Like

This happened to me a couple days ago. Just execute a missed approach and divert to a different airport to avoid a ghosting once you realize this problem is happening!

2 Likes

Hey man, so this is what I was talking abouy yesterday. I tried to contact approach at Gatwick and after several times I didnt get a response. Screenshot_20171214-180211Screenshot_20171214-180220

1 Like

I know it isnt ideal but until you can fix it, i would recommend flying on casual so it dosent affect your grade, have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

1 Like

I have done pretty much everything and the problem still there.

1 Like

ok, have you checked your settings to make sure everythings normal

1 Like

I think everything is fine.Any particular option I should look at?

1 Like