ATC Commands Wishlist (Comprehensive List)

Tower or ground command:
You’ve taxied to the wrong runway, please taxi to runway X

1 Like

Lol, this is true, even when i follow instructions given i dont know if ground isnt keeping track or something but i get the same commands over in some cases

Tower and Ground definitely also need a command to tell a pilot if a runway is closed, example:

Pilot: “Tower, N12345, inbound for landing, requesting runway 09”

Tower: “N12345, requested runway is closed, go around, make right/left traffic Runway 27”

and for ground:

Pilot: “Ground, N12345, ready to taxi to runway 09”

Ground: “N12345, requested runway is closed, taxi to runway 23, contact tower when ready”

2 Likes

First, this is not the proper use of “go around”.

Second, the commands already exist: “Enter left/right downwind runway 27”. That is telling the pilot not to land on 09.

4 Likes

I would like the command, "Mayday! (Problem)

1 Like

Just no.

Not a good idea - it would be abused and there are no failures in IF anyway.

People want IF to be more like a sim - if you want that, you don’t want fun and fiery failures being added, and people spamming mayday.

3 Likes

I have belly flopped a few while being zoned in on the indicators, especially during tough approaches. Would a tower command such as " Delta419… check gear down. " be of any use? Or am I the only one that has unfortunately mastered the occasional penguin landing?

1 Like

I don’t think it is ATCs job to monitor what the pilots should be monitoring 😉

2 Likes

When someone checks in, it could be nice to have a response like
Pilot: JBU1900, with you
Center: JBU1900, welcome aboard

2 Likes
  1. no for your request

2. yes we probably all done that

3. I think you need to check this out:

2 Likes

What if we had squak commands! But as I think of that it would require more than just an ATC command.

This would be useful, particuarly the late landing clearance one

I have a feeling a lot of this will become necessary with global. Good list.

Submenu under Check Help:

I.e. Check Help regarding requesting takeoff, check help pattern legs, check help on proper requests of approach (ILS Approach/RV/FF).

Not a complete list, but maybe if pilots didn’t just panic when they heard Check Help, and they knew which tutorial they might need to check, more than 0 percent would actually “Check Help Pages” and maybe if we’re lucky, even a few might stop requesting takeoff remaining in pattern as they fly off into the horizon. One can dream.

7 Likes

This is very true. It’s hard to know what you’re doing wrong sometimes. (Of course, I never get anything wrong 😉)

2 Likes

One of my favorite parts of listening to live ATC in the real world, is the respect and etiquette between the professionals. There rarely is a time when handing off a pilot or a pilot departing a controllers airspace when the two don’t say things like “good day, so long, bye-bye, etc.”. Currently it’s available when only requesting a frequency change and the controller approves the change without specifying another frequency. The camaraderie is one of my favorite aspects of this industry 🤙🏾

It would be awesome to hear those when all frequencies issue a handoff command to a pilot.

“NF208J Contact tower on 121.87, good day”. “Contacting tower on 121.87, NF208J, bye-bye.”

1 Like

“See ya’”, is more common than you may realize.

4 Likes

Absolutely, that’s another common one heard over liveATC. It’s not that I didn’t realize the commonality of “see ya”, it’s more that it didn’t come to the top of my mind when typing my reply lol. But you feel what I’m sayin 👊🏾

1 Like

Maybe we could have different small goodbye phrases like some mentioned above, and it picks one at random when we give aircraft a frequency change.

Even though that’s low on the priority list, it adds realism.

Would like to see more beneficial commands before this though.

2 Likes

Here is one for the approach controller:

A plane requests an ILS/GPS/whatever approach for a particular runway. That specific runway is not in use.

How about a command that says something like “######, requested runway is unavailable, expect vectors for runway ## approach.”

3 Likes