ATC command - airport temporarily closed due to weather

Exactly. Tower cannot deny entry to an aircraft due to weather, even if it involves declaring an emergency. The PIC has to make a decision. At that point no controller would refuse entry to an aircraft.

1 Like

So your saying if there is 2.5 feet of snow on the runway and not cleared off the controller will still grant permission to land even tho it will endanger the life’s of everyone on board

1 Like

if they declared an emergency yes

2 Likes

Yes but if the airport is closed I do t see why anyone would enjoy doing tower and ground.

2 Likes

Maybe APP and DEP though. You could control the aircraft, vector them, and put them inti holding patterns.

2 Likes

Yeah Centre or something would be okay but I don’t see anyone in IF controlling a closed airport.

2 Likes

I listen to it a lot when we have bad weather here and it’s an amazing thing just putting it out there for a feature request not trying to cause huge argument

2 Likes

Maybe ground, you would have to deal with a large influx of aircraft. Tower would be useless except for transitions though.

2 Likes

Depending if it was no visibility I would control aircraft for departure and divert incoming to a better airport. I think it would be fun

2 Likes

True. You could but meh. The only time I think an airport should be closed in IF is if it’s closed in real life.

2 Likes

Agreed. It rarely happens though.

2 Likes

No I’m just saying I think it’s a good request but I don’t see it being used much or people wanting to control if the airport is closed.

Winter time on the east coast if we get dynamic weather

1 Like

I think this is a good idea, but the nimrods…

2 Likes

Nimrods be like: whatever.
crashes into ground on approach.

2 Likes

If you really can’t land and you’re already doing your third approach, I’d look for an alternate diversion airport at some point or hold and wait for better conditions.

2 Likes

MaxSez: Unnecessary Command: 4 tool are available to identify closures and delays. 1) Pre-Flight Weather Brief at the auto FSS, 2) ATIS (see topic, Were’s ATIS), 3) NOTAM’s & 4) http://www.faa.gov/mobile.

(Gov sources noted above, there are numerous free App’s, look them up I’m tired of doing basic research for Peanuts)

2 Likes