ATC Choice Sunday- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Intl

ATC Choice Sunday- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Intl.

Hello! Hola! Bonjou! As part of this Sunday's IFATC Schedule, along with providing service to the Orlando Sun-n-Fun Flyout, IFATC members are allowed to open up at any destination from Orlando International Airport!

This Sunday, I will be controlling from my home airport,
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport!
This airport means so much to me as a South Florida resident, and is the airport. I most commonly fly out of. This is why I will be opening it at various times on Sunday throughout the day.

**Operating Times (Subject to Change) 2020-08-16T16:00:00Z until 2020-08-16T20:00:00Z

Airport Information

Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (IATA: FLL, ICAO: KFLL, FAA LID: FLL) is a major public airport in Broward County, Florida, United States, and is one of three airports serving the Miami metropolitan area. The airport is off Interstate 595, Interstate 95, U.S. Route 1, Florida State Road A1A, and Florida State Road 5 bounded by the cities Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood and Dania Beach, 3 miles (5 km) southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale and 21 miles (34 km) north of Miami.[3][4] With over 700 daily flights to 135 domestic and international destinations, FLL has become an intercontinental gateway since the late 1990s, although Miami International Airport still handles most long-haul flights. FLL serves as a primary airport for the Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Boca Raton areas. The airport is the primary base for Spirit Airlines and is also a base for Allegiant Air, JetBlue Airways, and Norwegian Air Shuttle. FLL is classified by the US Federal Aviation Administration as a “major hub” facility serving commercial air traffic.
courtesy of Wikipedia

Recommended Routes

Short Haul:
Flight: Southwest Airlines 1543
Route: Fort Lauderdale to Orlando International Airport
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Flight Time: 45 minutes

Medium Haul
Flight: JetBlue 1472
Route: Fort Lauderdale to New York LaGuardia Airport
Aircraft: Airbus A320
Flight Time: 2:30 Hours

Long Haul
Flight: Emirates 214
Route: Fort Lauderdale to Dubai International Airport
Aircraft: Boeing 777-200lr
Flight Time: 13:40 hours

download (18)

I want to give a special thanks to @Kevinsoto1502 and @Jaylan_Brown for helping me out with the format and giving me some inspiration. I hope to see you all this sunday in the beautiful city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.A.!

13 Likes

Great event

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Love it!!!

1 Like

Great thread @AviatorNikola! he only thing is, the Fort Lauderdale to London service doesn’t exist anymore. You should change it to Fort Lauderdale to Paris.

Ok I will, yeah it sucks it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

That was a great route, it also had competition for a while with British Airways. But sherries operated Fort Lauderdale to one Gatwick for a few years, before they retired the route

Then, shortly after, Norwegian retired route. Also, you can add another option for the Fort Lauderdale to Dubai route, which is the most special route out of here.

Actually should I do to Oslo Gardemeon?

You should use the Emirates to Dubai

Yeah I will do Dubai, how could i forget!

Ikr, That’s the most special route!

Have a fun day tmr man 😀 and any time 😊

1 Like

I’ll be coming alongside @MJP_27 and @ToasterStroodie as well!

1 Like

Don’t forget @ToasterStroodie as well

3 Likes

How could I forget you Toaster.

1 Like

Awesome to see all you great people stopping by! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Ik this is @CaptainZac’s home airport as well. I’m also coming here to give him support as well!

1 Like

@AviatorNikola, FLL-DXB is operated by a 777-200LR

Not right now actually