ATC behavior questions and ATC questions in general

Hey guys! My question about ATC today is about behavior for ATCs and ATC questions in general.

Earlier this week, (a.k.a the day before I posted this) I was taking off (or well… waiting to taxiing to the runway) at KLAX. I asked the ATC if I could change frequencies but then he said “Delta 2730, you were already instructed to change frequency” but he never informed me to change frequency at all! This was on Expert Server and happened to me before on other servers. Why is this? Do they forget that they did not talk to me before? Thanks for any help!

Signed,
@Generic_Flyer

1 Like

When ATC gives you permission to taxi it says “contact Tower when ready” that’s already permission to switch anytime and there’s no need to request.

4 Likes

Oh! I thought it just meant for me to ask Tower to taxi after pushback. Thanks!

1 Like

Do remember that switching when no-where near the runway is not how you are supposed to do it. You must stay on ground frequency if there’s potential for conflicts on ground

11 Likes

Yes you should remain on Ground Frequency until you are first in line to take off, then change to Tower Frequency

1 Like

Also, be sure to check out the User Guide for other valuable and pertinent information. It should hopefully give you a better understanding when communicating with ATC. Any questions, feel free to ask.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.