ATC Audio Speedbird-2276 MAYDAY

Max Sends

1 Like

Rather depressing that the LAS-LGW flight was to be the second to last flight before the captain retired.

Things always screw up just before the end…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yep, Once I was driving 245mile. I live close to the motorway, and I got stuck just before my exit due to accident. I got stuck at 07:00 and I got home 11:30, in normal condition it would take 15min ;)

1 Like

@GatwickGuy The M25? :-P
To stay this calm in such a life-threatening situation is incredible. Credit to the pilot.

3 Likes

Wait a minute your in Vegas?

Hey when we had snow, I left 5 min late to my journey, before M23/M25 junction there was big accident. I was at the seen after 2/3 min. It could have been me. Everyday day lucky day for me not being at the wrong place at wrong time. Man I seen some worst accident in my life. It does make you bit of risk taker, but it’s not good idea. stay safe. (Remember national ex coach, and 8ppl in recovery vehicle?. I was more or less close this accidents)

Once the plane declares an emergency and evacuation, can that plane do whatever it wants? ie evacuate without permission?

1 Like

Evacuation is up to the pilots, or can be initiated by the cabin crew. They don’t have to ask anyone’s permission or exit the runway before starting the evacuation.

1 Like

Lol I don’t think they will get a call from ATC “Please follow instructions, and Please check help pages for assistance using ATC instructions” :D

3 Likes