ATC At WIII

So I started my flight I was a DHL 757, I put my flight plan in, Requested Push, then I requested Taxi to 07L, I was told to taxi to 25R, Me and this British Airway 787X were holding short for a good 15 minutes, while all the traffic was still comming into the 07 runways, I hope this gets attention on how unbelievably horrible the runway change planning is going.

Now I know ATC is doing a good job, but damn was that unreliable.

2 Likes

Runway Changes are rare unless the winds is very bad and a runway change is needed,

really quick, what is the wind?

1 Like

About 3 knots so a tail wind from the 07 runways

2 Likes

yea, in this situation, a runway change was not needed. Do you know the controllers display name? you can talk to him and he’ll explain

2 Likes

I do not can you go check, because I planned to do a quick hop but you know, Runway change

1 Like

Approximately what time (zulu) did this happen @DanyyRude?

Mabey 10 minutes ago

Yes, I can confirm that a runway change is happening. @CaptainNajeeb is the ground controller. Feel free to PM him!

@Capt_Evan is the approach controller and @Diego_Blanco is the tower, if you want to speak to them too. :)

1 Like

The reason was because of a runway change.

They switched from the 07’s to the 25’s

It looks like the approach controller wanted a runway change because of arrivals I believe.

1 Like

I mean ok but, you make me wait 15 minutes holding short you know it’s not the best

This happened sometimes. The best way is to contact the controller that @PlaneGeek said.

1 Like

Sometimes, runway changes do happen. Be prepared for them, it happens in real life too. Iv’e witnessed a line of 10 aircraft sitting for 20 minutes in line and end up having to get a runway change.

2 Likes

Yep I’m just saying it’s not the best when you have a bunch of aircraft already on approch, also the winds were 3 knots so not that bad

Again, it’s most likely not the wind but the arrivals.

1 Like

The wind makes it difficult, I was involved in controlling a runway change last week. It’s difficult and we try our best to make it as smooth and quick as possible. Give them about 5-10 minutes and then it will hopefully work out. Thanks!

1 Like

Please feel free to contact the controllers as mentioned in the highlighted post above if you require any further clarification.