ATC at Berlin going against procedures?

@alberto_lopez
the approach at Berlin is doing something against procedures?

@alberto_lopez the ATC; directed me into an approach; which made me into forming a missed approach. He made me turn onto approach far to late; was expecting 07L, was told 07R

Thus I filed for missed approach, he made instead “descend to 2000 & turn 090” to line up with the runway.

To close for comfort as we were already halfway through final; He made me contact tower which I did, then obviously I announced a go around because it was an unstable approach. AFTER the go around, I contacted radar again and he said “Airport not accepting aircraft please divert”. However more than 5 aircraft after me contacted approach and he said continue as files into Berlin. When I asked for approach; he said “Divert to another airport” & “You will be reported if you do not follow instructions” this isn’t fair on my be-half to divert to another airport; when I had to go around just once.

Then after holding for 20 minutes; he ghosted me when I recontacted to approach. It is unfair & wrong what he did as I did nothing wrong.

Also a KEYNOTE: AIRPORT WAS NOT busy

Sorry for the rant, but it is what it is. I had flown for almost 7 hours & just to be ghosted for aborting landing and being unfairly told to divert to another airport while he accepted lots of other aircraft into the airport was appalling.

5 Likes

Hello! Sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact your controller in private, and work it out with them instead of creating a topic. If you’d like to appeal your report, feel free to add @appeals.

6 Likes

I will agree, this does seem like a strange case. It’s possible the controller was unfamiliar with your callsign, and assumed you had just departed the airport, rather than a go around. Typically we as controllers communicate with each other to clarify who is a go around aircraft, but sometimes certain messages aren’t communicated in time. Then again, I’m in no place to speculate, and messaging @appeals is the place to go.

1 Like

“Sorry for the rant” couldn’t you have PMed privately the controller instead of bashing the controller here?

He’s TL0, can’t PM.

Hey there @Manu_93, I’ll set up a PM for you :)

2 Likes

Well, contact appeal then. Still doesn’t justify what he did.

Yes, he got reported

2 Likes

A PM with the controller and appeals has been set up, please check your inbox @Manu_93.

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

Continuing in a pm