Atc Apology

Hello, I don’t know if this is the right topic for this post, but I wanted to issue an apology to a user. I was ATC (ground and tower) at LAX this morning and I would like to apologize to whoever was “New Zealand 809.”

There were at least two other aircraft behind you who jumped the line and I accidentally gave them takeoff clearance before you. Sorry about that. I have a newfound respect for ATC, especially at busy airports like LAX.

25 Likes

Takes a strong man to apologise, well done you.

10 Likes

That’s nice of you

6 Likes

That’s very nice.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I’m really new to ATC, and I didn’t realize how much concentration it takes at busy airports. I only saw the error I made after I went back and viewed the replay.

5 Likes

Thank you, I need more experience with ATC before I try again at LAX.

3 Likes

I see that this was in training server so whoever New Zealand 809 was isn’t likely going to see this.

3 Likes

Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know. I thought I would at least attempt to let them know.

2 Likes

Very nice of you. We need more of this in the community!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m definitely not saying what your doing is bad and I commend you as do many other members.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing to hear an apology from a controller. You can always open an ATC Tracking Thread to get the best quality pilots to help you control with some challenges, but still be happy to adapt to your needs. There’s always mistakes to be made, and I’m sure you’re a great controller! We hope to maybe see you in the IFATC team one day, you’d be a great addition 🤩

3 Likes

Yes, that’s very helpful and I’ll surely look into the ATC tracking thread. Thank you very much!

2 Likes