ATC and Pilot communications

Just wondering if in the future there will be an option for verbal communication between ATC and pilots for more realism just like on VATSIM? Anything for the future. Happy Flying :)

PS: on expert server I mean

1 Like

This was brought up a while ago, and logistically, it probably wouldn’t be feasible. You’d almost certainly have people spamming the voice chat with God knows what unholy sounds. That, and there’s probably privacy concerns that would surface with the addition of voice chat.

1 Like

When you say privacy concert, what do you mean?

Making sure Infinite Flight isn’t secretly storing our voices without user consent, etc.

It’s a lot bigger of a deal than it may seem. If a bad actor were to get their hands on our voice data, there’s no telling the amount of damage that could be done.

The developers said in the past that it will not happen due to possible language barriers

1 Like

Ah damn it would be so much easier and so much more awesome.

Not for those who not understand english very good🤷‍♂️
Infinite flight aims to all kind of people if some people will less enjoy the game because of this feature, its a problem

I agree with this

I agree and even concur if the unified language is sumarian

If you would like such an option, this feature request might interest you: Live ATC Voice Controlling

Personally, I’m not a big fan of the idea due to the young demographics of IF and privacy issues. I think it would be cool if there was a voice to text thing so what you say gets converted into one of the built in commands and it gets requested.

1 Like

I seeeeee…….
That would be quietest and quiet intriguing but I kinda doubt that all pilots would have an idea what to say. For when you look at the commands your cartographer is catogorizing them to narrowing down the requested or searched command or request. While on the other hand saying it is a whole other league of its own.

1 Like