Atc ability to divert aircraft

(…Due to heavy traffic destination airport doesn’t accept incoming aircrafts at this time…), a sentence that controllers repeat frequently. My suggestion is to give to ATC the possibility to divert aircrafts to a specific airport they should choose before opening a before opening a control session, so with this suggestion the instruction should be for example in the case of approaching a busy Miami international: ( Swiss 64 heavy turn right heading 280 and divert to Fort Lauderdale…). I think it would be more realistic and could make KFLL active for this case

about old topic name

Thanks for suggestions but unfortunately topic name doesn’t explain anything. Please edit and write a short explaining term.

If you open a topic which is named “suggestion”, another person will open “suggestion 2” and we will waste our times.

My comment about this feature is: Its not a must but could be nice. But not priority for me, so i am out of votes.

6 Likes

The title for me is not misleading but i feel for the thing to be voted, I want to see a whole list of other commands in the same feature. … eg backtracking, this diversion feature, ability to log fpl with ATC (something like that but not compulsory) and just stuff like that which would make the vote more useful

2 Likes

It was because his title was “Suggestion” before he changed it.

3 Likes

Bumpity bump. Would be nice to see this in game.

2 Likes

As an IFATC controller, the only time we use this is to deny “locals” which are people who take off nearby airports and try to squeeze in line.

We also use this when aircraft take off from airport we’re controlling at, and then call in to land again when pattern work is not allowed.

I would say this is something we dont really need considering we only use it 2% of the time. We rarely divert people anyways. We usually do a good job of fitting everyone (besides the people i mentioned above) in.

1 Like

I would have to disagree that it would be used 2% of the time, we could manage traffic better with less bottlenecks and speed up the approaches if this was available as an option.

7 Likes

You can’t compare Tower to Approach, the reason why tower rarely denies aircraft’s is because approach has already done it for you, especially when there is a lot of traffic.

2 Likes

You got my vote it’s like approach or departure being able to tell you to hold over a certain Waypoint… disclaimer this is not a full view of my opinion just a snapshot however it will probably be reserved for expert air traffic controllers while they throw the training server control a bone meaning the feature will only go to the experts as the training server air traffic controllers will not see that feature as they are in training and don’t know anything of course according to the experts

2 Likes

Exactly and when you have situations like Berlin Tegal yesterday where approach was just sending everything in… Tower gets overwhelmed, more go arounds, more frustrated users.

Approach and the Pilots need the correct command to be able to facilitate diverts.

1 Like

Why do you think we only use it 2% of the time🙃… I can say we used to use the A350 0% of the time so why have it in the app now…

With always more discussion about avoiding big holds to an airport and trying to not have everyone going to one airport, isn’t diverting exactly what we need? As it is now, it’s complicated to divert. It takes the controller less time to just find a way to make them hold. Also it’s very confusing for the pilot as we’ve seen yesterday.

Yesterday was an event where we were supposed to distribute traffic across 3 airports. Then look at this screenshot. One is completely full and the others empty. Just try and imagine the delays now…