Astronomical events

Introduction

Would it be cool to have some real time Astronomical events in Infinite Flight? Such as Solar Eclipses, Super moons and much more!

Why do we need this?

I just though if this was ever added to Infinite Flight the realism would be a lot better in my opinion.

Let me know your opinions down below!

I don’t think it is necessary but would of course add realism to the game for those who strive for improvement in the game’s realism.

1 Like

In IF the moon and Sun are in the position that they are in real life (of course only when you have live time on)

I checked and even if you set it to the right time there aren’t eclipses

2 Likes

Yeah, the sun and moon do “get in the way of each other”, but, it doesn’t cast a shadow, so, won’t cause an eclipse. It would be cool to see though!

1 Like

I will love this!

1 Like

Pretty much impressive though what IF currently have:

1 Like

Wouldn’t this cause a lot of lag?

I’m not a experienced developer so I’m not sure if this would cause lag for low end devices… but you have a good point!

Had to free up a vote for this, i 100% agree! :)

1 Like

Thanks for the vote!

1 Like

Np! (10 letters)

1 Like

Also any rocket launches!!

This would we super cool. i.e. there is a comet visible in the northern hemisphere right now. Would it be hard to drop a JPEG or PNG into the night sky? I don’t know, I’m not a developer lol! But as for eclipses, those would make for pretty sweet events in which we could take jets and follow the path of the eclipse!

Northern Lights would be nice too!

1 Like

Right?! This would make up for there not being 3D scenery above 60 degrees longitude 😉

1 Like

Hmm… maybe asteroids and meteors as well.

1 Like

For the main meteor showers of the year? Yeah that’d be pretty cool! Wouldn’t take too much animation either, I’d imagine.

1 Like