@AsternDestroyer's ATC Tracking Thread [PASSED MY PRACTICAL]

Hello everyone!

Someone recently suggested I open an ATC Tracking Thread, so that’s exactly what I’m doing!
Here I’ll be posting whenever I open, usually in advance to the opening so everyone can plan out flights or pattern work. I hope to get feedback on how I perform!

Here’s how a post would look:
Server: TS1 Global
Time: 1700z (Zulu Time)
Open For: Approx. 30 minutes (Times are strongly subject to traffic.)
Airport: EGCC (Manchester Intl. Airport)
Services: Tower, Ground.

Please make sure your status on this post is set to “Watching” to ensure you get notified whenever I open!

4 Likes

I also recommend putting open or closed in your title, for example: @AsternDestroyer’s ATC Tracking Thread (CLOSED)

I’ll be sure to stop by when you open!

2 Likes

Sounds good! First opening will most likely be tomorrow morning, so I’ll send a message out tomorrow. For now, have a good evening!

1 Like

No need to send out a new message. Just update your post’s title to (OPEN), and in a little reply add the airport you’ll be controlling, and for how long. And on this: I would avoid the big obvious airports, as they can get busy quickly, and you’ll have too many noobs not following instructions. Grab a less obvious airport; KSCK, EDDL are good as they have parallel runways.

Good luck!

3 Likes

That was the idea ;)

Ok time for my first opening!

Time: 1700z
Open For: Approx. 45 minutes (Depending on traffic)
Airport: CYVR [Vancouver Intl.]

Hope to get lots of feedback!

EDIT: ATC CLOSED

I’ll be there NSAM15

1 Like

Pattern Entries: you should always follow this plan: Pattern -> Sequence -> Clearance. When I requested runway change to 26L you forgot to give me a pattern entry, this should be “enter right DW 26L” as a I was on right DW for 26R and then sequence and clearance was on point. Same happened when I was on Left DW 26L, it should be “enter Left DW 26R”. Don’t forget to give an aircraft a pattern entry

Tower: the exit command was a bit earlier, try to send it when the plane is below 100kts.

Ground: It was accurate.

Keep it up,
Sebastian

2 Likes

Pretty sure you were on an upwind of 08R when you requested the change to 26R; not sure about the other time. But thanks for the feedback!

I’m feeling like controlling in New Zealand right now!

Opening Time: 2340z
Open For: Approx. 30 minutes (Depending on traffic)
Airport: NZAA [Auckland Intl.]

Should be there in ten

1 Like

Sorry about that @LachyRobertson wasn’t sure if you were going to take off again or not there.

1 Like

Then I misclicked by resending when I meant to do a disregard last message.

At the request at someone I’ll be opening at Vancouver once again!

Opening Time: 15:40z
Open For: Subject to Traffic
Airport: CYVR
Services: Tower, Ground

IMHO…thirty mins is not an adequate time to test control a tower…by the time you get at least a few pilots doing some patterns it is almost time to close …so if you want to be an IFATC …your shift will be for at least an hour !!!

I say 30 minutes but really I open for like an hour… xd

Feel free to stop by!

Time to open ATC!

Opening time: 0410z (9:10pm PDT)
Open For: Time Subject to Traffic (Roughly 45min-1hr)
Airport: KMEM

As always, Pattern Work / T & Gs allowed!

Hope to get a lot of feedback!

Was very happy with the turnout :)

The amount of traffic I got there was great! Thanks for coming out everyone! I’ll likely close down here in a bit once the two inbound aircraft are done :]

Let’s go to Hawaii!

Opening time: 1810z (11:10 am PDT)
Open For: Time Subject to Traffic (Roughly 45min-1hr)
Airport: PHNL (Honolulu Intl.)

As always, Pattern Work / T & Gs allowed!

Hope to get a lot of feedback!

EDIT: ATC CLOSED 'cause no one came ;(

HOW CAN YOU BE OPEN COS ITS COMING HOME lol jkjk