[Assistance Required] | KVAD | TS1 | Now

Greetings, everyone. For those who can make it, I’d like you to show up at KVAD airport on TS1 for some flying. A trainee of mine is getting a few sessions in to retake his practical, and he’d appreciate it if some flyers showed up. Feel free to fly in, do some patterns/transitions, etc.

A few ground rules:

• If you’re caught fooling around and not paying attention, you will be ghosted.
  • You will lose XP if doing so.

That’ll be all. Have fun!

11 Likes

I didn’t realize that was a thing for TS1 since it is possible there will be pilots there who aren’t aware this is a training session and are just there for the ATC.

5 Likes

Tyler will explain in an upcoming post. We had to take a few measures.

7 Likes

I will come along and do some patterns, I will give constructive feedback to the candidate in this thread.

2 Likes

You need to work on that speed if you expect to win anything…

2 Likes

See you there! American 127

Here is some feedback

Sequence as soon as you can, from what I saw there was a huge cluster of aircraft that were about to crash into eachother because you didn’t properly sequence. For example you sequenced me behind my freind Josh but then @Michael_Weinblatt ended up cutting infront of me because you didn’t sequence him, not your fault entirely because someone really needs to learn how to fly, that was totally unacceptable cutting infront of sequenced aircraft, heck man you even cut me off on final Micheal, The controller did great my sending Micheal around because he cut off infront of all the traffic 😑.

Also try clearing earlier, you should be clearing aircraft for the option on the downwind leg, you ended up clearing me on a 5-3 mile final, the earlier you clear the less stress of clearing aircraft you have down the line, which will also help you remember that you cleared the aircraft, you dont want him to go around because you forgot to clear him.

No Clearance=You Cant Land

You did alright, work on sequencing and giving clearances earlier.

My constructive and well written feedback, warm regards, 305…

4 Likes

@Michael_Weinblatt
Please watch the flying tutorials before attending another one of our IFATC training sessions. Otherwise you will be ghosted next time.

9 Likes

Adding onto what Mr Keast said…
@Michael_Weinblatt
https://community.infiniteflight.com/c/tutorials/flight

Also Mr Josh, Reccomend you check out the Flight Tutorials page too.
C7F93466-01CA-4402-9AA3-3A65514EC66C
@JoshFly8 That bounce must of hurt 😬

6 Likes

Thanks for coming out, gentlemen. Quite the experiment…

I have a few ideas in mind to make next time a little better. Appreciate all your help.

6 Likes

I want to add that I was never sequenced once in that entire session.

2 Likes

I heard. I’ll crack him into shape soon.

5 Likes

Was never sequenced… although that has been said already.

Also, I had to report my position on base every trip around the pattern because I wasn’t given timely clearance.

3 Likes

@Aaron_Huynh. Some feedback to reflect here. ^^^

3 Likes

Good thing I buttered the bread every time… 🍞

3 Likes

I flew just one pattern because of time constraints.
All of your commands were correct, it’s just that they were very late to arrive. Although a few points,

• Should keep in mind aircraft characteristics. An SR22 can be airborne very quickly so no need to keep it waiting behind three other aircraft on final, especially since there was more than enough space.

• No instructions received on who to follow in pattern.

• No landing clearance received until position reported on final.

• No exit runway commands received.

MU-BA

5 Likes

Had so much fun!!! Great job controlling and gotta love seeing that old 742 coming in with those big flaps! Anyways great time much appreciation for controllers like this!

3 Likes

Thank you for your help ladies and gentlemen. I appreciate you taking your time to help me, and look forward to returning the favor as an ATC or pilot. I appreciate your truthfulness and constructive criticism. I will take them to mind and hopefully improve.

11 Likes

Exactly the spirit of an excellent IFATC controller!

4 Likes

The controller said I was number 2 after the C-130, and I was the jet landing. I made a decision either to make a right 360, or hard right and land. I guess the jet was faster and I did make a mistake.

I am sorry for what I did and it won’t happen again. This was more of a common sense issue.

1 Like