Aspen approach and departure tutorial request

Title says it all. Been flying Aspen a lot lately and would love to see some pics or videos of the proper procedures. Yes I have looked at the charts and they make no sense to me

1 Like

There’s a tutorial on RWY 33 APP for KASE :)

Please don’t follow that tutorial it’s entirely incorrect. Come fly with me and I’ll show you the procedures there. Hopefully your up for the challenge the IF ILS approach is nothing compared to the actual approach

4 Likes

Yea I saw that tutorial and thats what made me want to see the proper procedures. I did enjoy the 33 tutorial though

Haha my bad!!

Cant right now but hopefully I can later. Thanks though

1 Like

Alright just let me know I can’t now either

1 Like

Normally, you’d pass the VOR beacon on the northeastern side of the RNAV approach (facing as if you were standing at the airport), descending down into the valley- 8,000 feet is the norm once you cross the five mile marker and begin your turn onto short final. The mountains in between the airport make for a “running the gauntlet” approach, which required specific procedures to be outlined. Coming in from the east per direct the HERLS or FISTR fix and joining the radial about fifteen miles out is also standard.

The video below outlines an approach to that airport.

4 Likes

Not a tutorial anymore;)

2 Likes

Yahoo thanks Carson I hated that thing 😂

2 Likes

Just move any other misleading tutorial, we’re decluttering if you haven’t heard haha.

3 Likes

Looks like it was an smooth landing.

Here you go man better late then never :)

1 Like

Thanks man. I really do appreciate it. I will be looking over this in detail. Thanks again!

1 Like