AsJay7879 Infinite Flight World Tour

Howdy Folks!

For the past week, I have embarked on the decision of doing a ‘world tour’ of Infinite Flight’s Casual Server, where I intend to fly around every continent of the planet over the next few weeks and end the tour in my home international airport of Christchurch, New Zealand (CHC/NZCH).

In the early hours of this morning (November 16, 2021, NZDT), I flew from Amman, Jordan (AMM/OJAI) and landed in Cairo, Egypt (CAI/HECA) as “Egypt Air 708”, leaving behind the Asian continent after flying starting in Tokyo-Haneda and connecting through Beijing, Shanghai-Pudong, Hong Kong, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Singapore-Changi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi (again), New Delhi, Mumbai, Muscat, Doha, Kuwait City and Amman which finally lead me to be in Cairo as of now.

So now, I’m to begin the Africa Leg of my Infinite Flight World Tour starting with a flight between Cairo, Egypt and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia as “Ethiopian 453 Heavy”, before continuing around the African continent and making my way up north to Europe.

Quite of lot of work, dedication and flying hours to go, but I’m it’s going to be worth it. Plus with all this flying, I might just achieve my status as Grade 4.

Though until the next update… this is user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

3 Likes

This sounds like a really cool idea! Are you going to use this topic as a tracking thread? I also switched this post to the #live category as it seems to fit there best.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s definitely keeping me busy! I’m not sure what a tracking thread is, but I’m probably going to give updates along the way as I progress on my tour. Thank also for switching the category, as this what my first thread post, I wasn’t too sure where to put it.

1 Like

Howdy Travellers!

Just thought I’d give an update about my progress and whereabouts on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’.

Just a few moments ago I landed an Air Mauritius A330-900neo into Port Louis (MRU/FIMP) from Saint-Denis (RUN/FMEE) as “Air Mauritius 219 Heavy” as the fifth leg of my tour of the African continent. Earlier I landed a Corsair A330-900neo into Saint-Denis (RUN/FMEE) from Mayotte (DZA/FMCZ) as “Corsair 773 Heavy”. Both of these flights are some of the more challenging flights as they were the first time I’ve ever departed and landed at airports located on small isolated islands.

Later today (November 19, 2021, NZDT), I’ve off on my next flight, a four-hour journey between Port-Louis, Mauritius (MRU/FIMP) and Johannesburg, South Africa (JNB/FAOR) as “Air Mauritius 851 Heavy” piloting another Air Mauritius A330-900neo.

So far Africa’s definitely been the most challenging continent, with its high elevations above sea level, which have had me learning quickly how to judge the landings into such airports.

Oh well, just four more legs of the tour of Africa in my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’, before I head my way up and around a continent I’m more aware of and where I’ve spent most of my flying days in the game, that of course being Europe.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this update, though until the next one, this is user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

1 Like

Howdy Travellers!

Just thought I’d give an update about my progress and whereabouts on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’.

Just a few moments ago I landed a TAAG Angola Airlines into Luanda, Angola (LAD/FNLU) from Cape Town, South Africa (CPT/FACT) as “Angola 580” as the eighth leg of my tour of the African continent, ending my time in South Africa as last night (November 21, 2021, NZDT), I operated a domestic service between Johannesburg (JNB/FAOR) and Cape Town (CPT/FACT) piloting an all-green Kulula Boeing 737-800 as "Comair 103”. Both of these recent flights were eventful as I’m still getting used to the high elevations above sea level upon arrival at my next destination.

My next flight which is likely to be later today (November 22, 2021, NZDT) or on November 23, 2021 NZDT, I’m off on my next flight, another four-hour journey between Luanda, Angola (LAD/FNLU) and Lagos, Nigeria (LOS/DNMM) as “Angola 564” piloting the exact same TAAG Angola Airlines Boeing 737-700 I flew on my most recent flight as mentioned above.

I’m then onto Casablanca, Morroco as “Royal Air Maroc 554” which is yet another flight last four or so hours. I can safely say that I’ve vastly underestimated the size of the African continent and am looking forward to getting up to Europe, which I’m more aware of, of course, because that’s where I’ve spent most of my flight hours within the game as a whole, as well as the United States which I’ll get to later in the tour.

Oh well, just two more legs within Africa to go before I begin the process of my whereabouts within the European continent. I haven’t drawn up an itinerary yet, though I know I’m to begin in Lisbon, Portugal (LIS/LPPT). But for now, I must get some rest before my last two very long legs up West Africa.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to read through this update, though until the next one, this is user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

1 Like

Howdy Travellers!

I’m here with another one of my updates on my progress and whereabouts on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’, specifically of the Casual Server.

Tonight or in a few moments I’m going to take my next second transcontinental flight within the tour, this time leaving the African continent behind and welcoming myself into Europe for the first time on the tour, piloting a TAP Air Portugal Airbus A320 as “Air Portugal 144T” between Casablanca, Morocco (CMN/GMMN) and into Lisbon, Portugal (LIS/LPPT), which from there, I’ll continue to various places within Europe which that’ll likely to take quite some time, but in saying that, I’m excited about this part of my ‘world tour’, as I’ve spent most of my time flying within Europe, prior to myself even beginning the tour itself.

To conclude about my thoughts on flying around Africa throughout the last 10 flights of the tour, it’s definitely been the most challenging continent I’ve flown within, my landings haven’t been the best and that I guess is because of the high elevations above sea level and the multiple landings I had to do that included a strong crosswind. The best landing or flight in general during my time flying around Africa would have to be my flight between Saint-Denis (RUN/FMEE) and Port Louis, Mauritius albeit a 44-minute flight.

But for now, it’s onto Europe. So once again, thanks for taking the time to read through this update of my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’ and until the next one, this is user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

3 Likes

Howdy Travellers!

I’m here with another one of my updates on my progress and whereabouts on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’, specifically of the Casual Server.

Tonight or in a few moments I’m going to depart on my tenth with my tour of Europe, piloting a Tarom Airbus A318 as “Tarom 231E” between Bucharest, Romania (OTP/LROP) and Budapest, Hungary (BUD/LHBP), which will lead me towards the North-Eastern part of Europe before heading west to other various places within Europe.

To conclude about my thoughts on flying around Europe throughout the last 9 flights of the tour, it’s definitely been a lot better than the majority of the tour I did of Africa, probably for the exception of my last landing in Istanbul, Turkey (IST/LTFM) piloting a Turkish Airlines Boeing 737-900 while battling a 30-knot crosswind from my east, it wasn’t easy nor pleasant, but was a landing nonetheless.

But for now, it’s onto Budapest, Hungary piloting the ‘Baby Bus’ Airbus A318. So once again, thanks for taking the time to read through this update of my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’ and until the next one, this is user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

1 Like

Howdy Travellers!

I’m here once again with another update on my progress and whereabouts on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’, specifically within the Casual Server.

Tonight, or in fact, a few moments time, I’m going to embark on my twenty-eighth leg within my tour of Europe, piloting a Ryanair Boeing 737-800 as “Ryanair 9PX” between Manchester, England (MAN/EGCC) and Dublin, Ireland (DUB/EIDW), which will in fact be my final flight within mainland Europe as the next flight will take me to Tenerife-South (TFS/GCTS) in the Canary Islands, that flight aboard yet another Ryanair Boeing 737-800, before departing towards continental South America.

To conclude about my thoughts on flying around Europe throughout my last twenty-seven flights. It’s definitely been a blast, I’ve had some of the best flights I’ve ever had in the game as a whole, I’ve learnt a lot and I’m looking forward to ending my time in Europe on a high note as I feel like I’ve been through the toughest period of the tour as a whole, which has been transiting through Amsterdam-Schipol (AMS/EHAM) and the London area, in particular, London-Heathrow (LHR/EGLL) which most of the players in Infinite Flight know is quite chaotic in Casual Server, but I made it out unscathed and I’m continuing stronger than I have been prior to myself embarking on this tour in general.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read through this update, I hope you’re enjoying them while I’m making my way around the world on my ‘Infinite Flight World Tour’. Though now I’m off to Dublin, so for now and until the next update, this user and Infinite Flight pilot AsJay7879 signing off.

1 Like