As a pilot How do you Handle Amateur ATC controllers

Sometimes people just wish there was a-two-message for please check help pages for assistance using pilot’s request …as a pilot you may just use correction standby! To inform the guy that thats not how to respond…I was wondering how do you guys respond to wrong instructions…Sometimes the guys might be trying to catch up and learn by correcting his/her actions and indeed you can see it while sometimes it gets really irritating and you just leave(most cases) but how do you think pilots can help atc how to control?

5 Likes

I once had someone who instructed to intercept the localizer at 8000ft. It was in Playground at WMKK. I requested for an altitude of 3000ft, which was given, and promptly changed by the ATC to 2000ft.

3 Likes

Maybe look at there Name and PM them? Try flying on advanced?

Haha.
Flyadvanced.
Ignoring works. Not the best though.But I think its the only option.

1 Like

Well, ATC is there to help pilots, not to be ignored…

1 Like

Well if they don’t know their commands you aren’t left with many options.

3 Likes

Except fly into the (imaginary) ATC tower out of frustration 😏

5 Likes

I think that’s the best answer…however it brings back to the same argument that ATC, even on PG Server, should be a Grade 3 as they should have sufficient experience to know that you cant intercept an ILS at 8,000ft and be less inclined in fly you into a mountain…

4 Likes

If it’s approach, centre or departure, I will ignore with request of VFR flight and from that, I will ignore what the ATC says either right or wrong. If it’s a tower, I will send command up to three times “call inbound” then if the ATC made no response, I will just say Final on R XX (Full stop/Touch and go) , and if the ATC send “roger” that is same as cleared to land right? So I will look for other traffic and carefully land. And yes, if there is interruption or still no response from ATC, I will go around and probably try one more time with same step, or divert to another airport.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The best way to response to wrong ATC instructions on playground is probably

• Request departure to the N/E/S/W
  • Request frequency change
2 Likes

I tell them Standby and leave the airspace by requesting departure

It happened to me as well on advanced, where an amateur ATC vectored me out of the region and I almost crashed since my throttle got cut.
I requested VFR to the alternate

3 Likes

On advanced. Amateur atc. Interesting…

I wouldn’t believe it as well, if I hadn’t experienced it… :/

Lol amateur atc 😂

@Carson[quote=“mbmhwue148, post:12, topic:44206”]
It happened to me as well on advanced, where an amateur ATC vectored me out of the region and I almost crashed since my throttle got cut.
[/quote]

That’s true! but @carson always counter attacks that by saying blame Matt for Cutting the Throttle

2 Likes

You know you’re on th wrong server when you are told to intercept the localizer at 8000ft XD That’s a record!

3 Likes

Actually in ∞✈ You can even at 30,000 LOL they need to fix that

2 Likes

What about the other way around? How do ATC deal with amateur pilots?

I press the disconnect button.

1 Like