[Arrived!] British Airways Virtual Presents: "Hop Across the Pond with AAVA!" | A Joint AAVA x BAVA Event @ KORD - 161400ZMAR19

British Airways Virtual Presents: Across the Pond with AAVA!

We’re teaming up with the wonderful folks at @AmericanVirtual in a pond hopping event to celebrate the partnership we have forged via the OneWorld Virtual Alliance that we are both a part of.

OneWorld was founded in 1999 with the founding airlines including both British Airways and American Airlines. OneWorld’s headquarters is situated in Manhattan, New York, with the alliance’s main aim to be the airline alliance of choice for worldwide travellers. OneWorld will be celebrating its twentieth birthday this year!

Did you know?

The OneWorld Alliance currently consists of 13 full member airlines, and 30 affiliate airlines. These include Qantas, British Airways, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and many more.

So join us as we celebrate our Virtual Alliance with American Airlines Virtual, on a pond hopping adventure!

Chicago O'Hare Airport (KORD) to London Heathrow Airport (EGLL)

Saturday, March 16, 2019 2:00 PM

19 An official Event of British Airways Virtual and American Virtual.

Server: Expert

Aircraft: British Airways Boeing 747-400 | American Airlines Boeing 787-9

Departure: Chicago O’Hare Airport (KORD)

Arrival: London Heathrow Airport (EGLL)

Flight Time: Approximately 7 hours, 25 minutes.

Date and Time of Departure: Saturday, March 16, 2019 2:00 PM

Our route takes us slightly north and east, after departing over Lake Michigan and then crossing into Canadian Airspace. We will eventually reach the Atlantic Ocean after passing Gander, and then the Jet Stream will gracefully carry us over to the British Isles!

Our Flight Plan

KORD RAYNR BRTMN TAAYZ 4336N/8624W PECOK ASP YXI YQB PQI MIILS NICSO 4800N/5000W 5000N/4000W 5100N/3000W 5200N/2000W LIMRI XETBO EVRIN NEKAP 5141N/436W ABDUK NUMPO OKESI BEDEK NIGIT 5119N/046W OCK 5129N/045W EGLL

Flight Details

Climb Profile: 2200 ft/min, 240kias to FL100, 310kias to FL280, Mach 0.85 to cruise

Cruise Details: FL350 @ Mach 0.85

Top of Descent Fix: NEKAP

Descent Profile: Mach 0.85 to FL280, 280kias to FL120 , 240kias to final approach

Fuel: Approximately 75,000 kilograms.

Specific procedures for the event will be released prior to the event along with any changes to the itinerary by a representative from AAVA or BAVA.

If you’re a member of AAVA, BAVA, or a community member who’d like to join us, we simply request that you all ask for a gate below!

We look forward to seeing you there!

Gates At Chicago O'Hare (KORD)

Rough Gate Guide at Chicago O’Hare

British Airways Virtual Gates
Gate Member
Gate M01 @RotorGuy
Gate M03 @CaptMj
Gate M07 @CJHoughton
Gate M08 @Adam_Williams
Gate M09 @21cabbage
Gate M010 @Chindle_1204
Gate M11 @Chris_Wing
Gate M12 @JackH
Gate M13 @Nick_Wing
Gate M13 @Finley_Baverstock
Gate M15 @InfiniteAviation06
Gate M16 @Elliott_Ewell
Gate M17 @HarryH1
Gate M19 @BradyJosephs
Gate M21 @pilotdube737ng
Hardstand M22 @FlyingBird
Hardstand M23 @Ben_W
Hardstand M24 @Her_Majestys_Pilot

American Virtual Gates
Gate Member
Gate K19X @DTot42
Gate K15 @ChaiAir
Gate K09 @Infinite_flight_A320
Gate K05 @JFitzgerald23
Gate K12

Infinite Flight Community Member Gates
Gate Member
Gate H11B @danielsalome04
Gate H15 @jlande499
Gate H16 @Malucelli48
Gate K16 @CAVA-4037

More Gates can and will be added if required.
Gate Guide Image Courtesy of LiveFlight

There will be no assigned gates for London Heathrow, however it is recommended that British Airways Aircraft Park at Terminal Five, and American Airlines Aircraft Park at Terminal Three.

Terminals Image Courtesy of LiveFlight

• Please ensure that you maintain safe spacing of at least 5NM at all times.
  • Obey speeds and Flight Plan outlined in this event thread.
  • Ensure to use correct Unicom procedures.
  • Please spawn in at around 2019-03-16T13:45:00Z to facilitate a swift pushback at 2019-03-16T14:00:00Z
  • VA Members must fly under their assigned callsigns for the duration of this event.

Come and Join us and American Virtual for our Pond Hopping Event!

“American Virtual and British Airways Virtual. Can you think of a better combination? We both already have routes to places all over the world, but this partnership allows our pilots to explore the entire globe with no restrictions. Ever since we opened up, we knew we had to become partners with them. Everyone at BAVA is so friendly, why would you not want to work with them? We each share over 100 codeshares, and fly partnership events monthly that we guarantee will be one heck of an experience. Partnerships in general are great, but with BAVA, it’s nothing like you have ever seen.”

-@VAnuj, President of American Virtual

We would like to thank our partner airline and OneWorld Virtual Member American Virtual for participating in this event alongside us.

American Virtual Community Thread | British Airways Virtual Community Thread

We would also like to thank all member Virtual Airlines of the OneWorld Vitrtual Alliance for the role they play within it, and look forward to future events featuring these Virtual Airlines too.

Would you like to attend? Request a Gate today to join us on our Atlantic Hop!

Share any photos of this event with us in the thread below or via this link for a chance to be featured on our Social Media outlets!

Contact Us

28 07 22 52 48

If any Virtual Airline Member or Community Member has any questions regarding this event, then please contact our event managers, @Max_burrell or @21cabbage.
British Airways Virtual, 2019.

British Airways VA Official Thread | "Best Virtual Airline 2018" - IFC Awards

Great looking event thread, and I certainly can’t wait for this event! You can sign me up!

I’m tempted to ask for a gate but I’m on my last week of school Wednesday and my last day is next Tuesday and 18 percent worth of assignments is on the line :) . You can definitely count me in on the pictures department though. Just help me make sure I’m not in anyone’s way please :)

Sign me up any gate! AAVA942

Got you signed up, looking forward to seeing you there! -Adam

That’s absolutely no problem - looking forward to seeing the shots you can come up with! -Adam

Sign me up 😭 AAVA24

Thank you! Looking forward to the event :)

Hi please can I take a gate BAVA398.

Thanks,
Charlie

I want a gate please

I’ll take a gate please. BAVA175

I’ll also take a gate please. BAVA465

All that have requested gates have been signed up

-Miles 🙃

What aircraft can you use?

Noted in the thread above :) -Adam

Can I sign up as BAVA310 please thanks.

Sorry for the late response, I’ve got you signed up!
-Adam

BAVA476-I’ll take a gate thanks

Got you a gate, see you there!
-AW

I’ll take a gate. BAVA245