[Arrived at SNA] 17JUL20 / 0320Z Low Fares Down the Coast!

Low Fares Down the Coast!

Credit

Today let’s take to the skies for just a short hop from the Bay Area, down to Orange County. This flight is operated by Southwest many times a day and we will be basing our flight on the 8:20 PM (PDT) departure out of Oakland (SWA603). You can chose any normal SWA livery to fly this route with me! Please sign up below by listing the gate you want, plus the aircraft and livery. T|he gates are below.

Flight Details

Route: KOAK – KSNA
Aircraft: 737 (-700 or -800)
Livery: Any Normal Southwest Airlines Livery
ETD: 2020-07-18T03:20:00Z
Server: Expert

Gates

Gate Aircraft Livery Pilot
Gate 27 737-700 Illinois One @AviationFreak
Gate 29 737-800 Canyon Blue @Mr-plane-guy1
Gate 30 737-800 Heart Livery @Jacob_Layton
Gate 31 737-800 Canyon Blue @Populeux_Music

Gates will be added as needed

Flight Plan

You can copy my fpl when in. You can also make your own.

About the Airports

About Oakland Airport

Metropolitan Oakland International Airport is a commercial, as well as major cargo and GA/business airport. It is located just south of the city of Oakland. Oakland Airport has 2 main terminals and serves 15 airlines not including 2 cargo operators. In 2019 Southwest Airlines was the largest carrier with 75% of the flights, with Spirit Airlines being the second. The airport has 4 runways all varying in size.

Credit

About John Wayne Airport

John Wayne Airport, originally Orange County Airport, is a smaller commercial and general aviation airport that serves Orange County and the Greater Los Angeles Area. It is nearby the cities of Newport Beach, Irvine, and Santa Ana, oh, and Costa Mesa. The airport has three terminals consisting of gates 1-22 (TA - 1-8, TB - 9-15, and TC - 16-22). Southwest Airlines is the largest airline at SNA. They are followed by United Airlines. John Wayne has 2 parallel runways. One short one for GA traffic and a longer, but still short, 5,000ft runway. John Wayne has never had a wide-body commercial flight.

Credit

NOTAM

Please Respect all other users.
Please Respect ATC if we get IFATC or respect unicom.
I am not responsible for any reports or violations received at any time during the flight.
Please follow the flight plan unless instructed otherwise.

I will create a PM closer to flight departure time!

Thanks for looking! If you would like to join please request a gate with the gate number, aircraft, and livery below!

2 Likes

Mind providing a source?

This is a lovely flight (I did the trip up two days ago with @Suhas), I’ll see if I can come.

2 Likes

I will see if I can come but it will be a last minute decision.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks, I enjoyed making this. I think your confusing the rule that the event must take place within 3 hours of posting to be in #live:groupflights, not 3 hours notice

Yes, I’m sorry. That’s the one I got confused with.

1 Like

@Thunderbolt & @Delta18… I’ll be waiting! Thanks for considering joining.🙂

1 Like

Can I join

1 Like

Of Course @Populeux_Music! Please comment what gate, aircraft, and livery you want. Thanks

1 Like

I’ll join if I can! Although the title says August, it’s tonight right?

1 Like

Yep… Don’t know why I put AUG…

1 Like

Ok no problem!

1 Like

I’ll take this gate please! SWA (obviously. Lol) B738 Heart Livery

1 Like

New Sign-up!

@Jacob_Layton Has been signed up for Gate 30. Thanks for signing-up!

1 Like

@everyone sign up because JWA is the best airport in the world. 😂

2 Likes

Any gate, 737-800, southwest canyon blue livery

1 Like

Have fun with the landing haha! If y’all can vacate by Echo and not go all the way up to Delta y’all are pro pilots.

2 Likes

New Sign-up!

@Populeux_Music as been signed up for Gate 30. Thanks for signing-up!

I was spotting here today, too!

Sorry for the poop quality.

3 Likes

Nice Pics… Those Split Scimitars look: 🤩

At this point everyone signed up (@Jacob_Layton and @Populeux_Music) have been invited to the groupflight PM. Please spawn in at: 2020-07-18T03:00:00Z