Arms hurting while playing IF

Recently, while playing IF, my arms have been excessively hurting. I don’t know if I’m just holding my device wrong, or it’s because of something else. I think it’s because of IF because it only occurs while playing IF. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this stop, because I don’t feel like playing IF anymore because of this issue.

12 Likes

Hold your device lower. You reduce the amount of strength since you aren’t holding it up.

7 Likes

My chair is always higher than the table.

Have your arms on a table with your device in hand.

3 Likes

I play lying down on my bed or a couch, and rest my device on my knees usually

7 Likes

By your arms, where exactly is it hurting? Is it your forearm, wrist, or perhaps your palm/fingers?

Perhaps use a towel or rest your hands on a pillow as to reduce the stress from your hands’ pressure on the table.

3 Likes

Try not using a chair and table. Try a different position, your hands hurting is most likely because they are getting tired of staying in the one position for too long. So try a new position. I usually sit on a chair and just put the phone on my chest. This doesn’t require much energy or muscle use, so it should work for you

1 Like

One solution is to sit down and use a table for rest while you are in A/P. Another option is to lay down and have your arms rest on the ground while flying. That should reduce the tension in your arms.

Also, if your arms are hurting, that means they are getting stronger. So it may not be the worst thing.

1 Like

I prefer to watch Netflix on my phone and play IF laying on my stomach. That way, I can hold my phone low, and it supports my arms. If not, sit at a table and at least rest your elbows on it. Make sure that your arms are lower than your head as well to ensure good blood flow to them. Otherwise, yeah they are gonna hurt

1 Like

Dunno about you guys, but I had to train hard at the gym, up to a hundred reps a day, working the biceps and the wrists. only then could I land the DC10

51 Likes

Hey, take regular breaks and do not sit in the same position for long periods. Also don’t grip your device too hard and make sure that you are using good posture. Regardless of whether it’s a mobile device or a desktop computer you need to make sure you are doing the above to avoid what could be a touch of repetitive strain

1 Like

Also, Posture really helps too! try not to look down for too long at the screen, a good exercise might actually be holding the device just about eye level, that’ll work the arms a treat.

1 Like

Dude, under rated comment 😂

2 Likes

Strap some weights on each elbow and try a visual into Kai Tak, man’ll be ripped before minimums

14 Likes

Seems like you need to change your posture

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies! Next time I fly I will keep all this in mind!

2 Likes

Maybe the next update will fix it

22 Likes

😂😂

2 Likes

Also, I don’t know if this has been said already but I recommend trying it:

• Relax while playing IF, and be mindful of your breathing etc.
  • Try not to tense up as this adds stress to your arms.
  • Take frequent breaks when flying a commercial aircraft by putting the autopilot on. There is no need to be holding the device all the time unless you fly GA a lot, and fly manually.

I hope this helps you!

Happy Flying

2 Likes

When I play Infinite Flight, I sit on my couch, then I recline a bit on my couch, and then hold my device when departing and landing against my body. It works very, very well!

1 Like