Arkansas Teen attempts to steal jet

Prosecutors say a teen from Arkansas, who is not a pilot, was charged with attempting to steal an American Eagle jet from Texarkana Regional Airport to fly to an out-of-state rap concert.
Miller County jail records show Zemarcuis Devon Scott, 18, of Texarkana was held Wednesday on commercial burglary and attempted theft of property charges.
Scott was arrested inside the cockpit before dawn on the Fourth of July. He was charged Monday. His bond was set at $25,000. An affidavit says Scott told Texarkana police, who responded to reports of a man seen jumping an airport fence, that he didn’t think there was much more to flying than pushing buttons and pulling levers.
Jail records didn’t list an attorney for Scott. Details weren’t immediately available on the concert destination.

52 Likes

American can’t get another aircraft stolen! They already got one of their 727s stolen years ago, which hasn’t been found to this day.

You can already imagine V1, Rotate, How do you fly this thing?!

12 Likes

That is scary/weird. Thankfully officials got to the person before anything bad happened

1 Like

People these days committing acts of grand theft areo

29 Likes

Don’t worry it wasn’t me😂

4 Likes

Welcome to Arkansas😂 I’ve been to this airport before in real life and it’s quite a quiet airport. Glad they caught that bafoon before he took off. He should be charged with a felony but hey…

Blue Skies and A Tailwind,

N1RG

2 Likes

Well, in his defense all flying is, is pushing buttons and pulling levers. But it’s knowing which of those to press and pull to get ya moving that counts!

21 Likes

haha! Easy as that I guess!

6 Likes

That is very wrong. He obvioulsly forgot about the ATC

10 Likes

Yeah no… it really isn’t

1 Like

Yeah he probably didn’t even know what to do unless he uses X-Plane or something with a full cockpit that’s interactive lol

5 Likes

PSSH Who needs ATC when you’re taking it out for a Joy ride!

17 Likes

But really? Welcome to the state of Arkansas. How does one think of stealing a jet

lol that made my day

2 Likes

Even then… a sim isn’t even close to real life. He’s trying to operate at 100.000 pound plus jet without a license and a jet that is made for two pilots

1 Like

Yeah who cares he was only going for a joyride
🤣😂🤣😂

2 Likes

His face when he was in the cockpit was probably 🤨 and then oh crap the cops are here 😳😟

3 Likes

I would love to sit in the court when the trial goes down and just hear what he has to say lol

But hey respects to him for at least trying get something larger then a 150 or something lol

4 Likes

How did he steal it?! We’re there people inside while he tried to highjack it?

1 Like

Sounds like he jumped the fence and ran to the aircraft, not sure if he made it in or not