Are you allowed to record videos during takeoff/landing?

You know when you are on a flight. Are you allowed to record the takeoff/landing or are you allowed to video at all. I was just wondering

I am talking about in real life not IF

5 Likes

Depends on crew or airline

6 Likes

Ever thought of google? ;)

9 Likes

I do it all the time and nobody has ever said anything . The worst thing that can happen is a FA telling you to put your camera away.

5 Likes

Please stop doing that, it’s very annoying really. This is a forum, we need to create discussions to keep it active. He’s asking an interesting question and he’s expecting an answer.

6 Likes

I disagree. This topic is based on a yes or no question and not discussion based. A positive topic to post to the forum would be something along the lines of “Should You be Allowed to Use a Camera During Takeoff and Landing”.

1 Like

Absolutely not. Because this topic is based on a debate. There’s specific rules with some airlines but not all of them. That’s why we should discuss about that.

Everyone is free to chose the appropriate title (respecting the rules).

3 Likes

This topic is not debate based at all, nor did I say that you do not have the freedom to choose your own titles. Neither the title nor the content suggested a debate. Granted @Samuel123abc had a more constructive answer than @Aussie_Wombat.

1 Like

I’ll not continue any further discussion because we’re off-topic. You can send me a private message and we will continue there. Don’t expect an answer tonight [Spoiler]I’m very busy currently (I’ll launch soon the beta test period of my app);-)[/Spoiler]

2 Likes

I have videoed everyone takeoff and landing when I fly commercially and the flight crews have never had a problem with it. Of course I am in the US so it might not be as strict as somewhere else

3 Likes

In most places and in most airlines its fine.

Me too I’ve never had a problem ;-) if one day a crew tell me that I can’t film. I’ll make a scene ;-)

2 Likes

Yes, as long as the device is in airplane mode. There only reason why you wouldn’t be able to do it is if you’re @DeltaCRJ-900.

3 Likes

Umm, yes of course, Virgin doesn’t mind, they don’t even check if I have aeroplane mode on, people do it all the time in Aus and it’s no dramas

2 Likes

I do it all the time. Just dont be on cell mode and you should be fine. But if they ask to put it away don’t throw a stink and just do it.

And there are ways to do it without drawing too much attention to yourself too.

1 Like

Phone is always on flight mode and ive never had a crew tell me not to record.

Ive only gotten a smart phone in the last 3 years and ive only flown with JAL and Singapore Airlines, so im going to add that 2 to your pool ^_^

1 Like

I used my phone to record the Takeoff/Landing during my flight with Singapore Airlines and AirAsia and they didn’t even noticed it. Though I still put my Airplane Mode when recording.

Like someone mentioned earlier, The worst case is only if the FA tell you to put your phone away. Though so far, This never happen to me before.

1 Like

I do it every flight with no problem. (Except on AA, they will scream and hiss at you to put your iPad/phone/camera away)

Not true. I recently flew AA to Hawaii and they didnt say anything about my phone being out.

1 Like

Yep. Have numerous videos of takeoffs and landings. Never had a problem with it at all