Are you afraid to fly on the Expert Server?

hey, so i was wondering if anyone else like me has a fear of flying on expert server that you will get ghosted for a small fault…

12 Likes

No, just follow instructions and you will be fine :)

25 Likes

You won’t get ghosted unless you really mess up bad and are ruining the experience for others. Just behave in a respectful manner and you’ll be fine. Even if you do get ghosted, there’s an appeal process so you can try to get it reversed. If you’re ever unsure about anything then have a look in the #tutorials category.

11 Likes

Hey,
Some years ago I had a fear of the Expert Server but I overcame it. As long as you follow all the published rules of the server you won’t be ghosted.

4 Likes

but you know i ended a flight on expert as me and this other guy flew as per rules but we got close on the map as we took off and turned…the other guy was orange…i just quit the flight…

1 Like

Nope my biggest fear are the trolls on expert server ! Just follow rules and guidelines and you’ll be a 👌

5 Likes

trolls on expert!!! mahn…some people really want to get ghosted

Before I flew the expert server I had a great fear of it. I avoided it because I didn’t want to get in anyones way. However besides IFATC airports it is practically empty unlike the training server. I’d rather not play IF than return to the training server lol.

7 Likes

Was this at at airport with multiple runways on Expert?

1 Like

It’s far and in between but once in a blue moon you’ll see one

1 Like

haha true…but whats the fun with no atc and pilots…

They want to be ghosted ??😂

Btw, no

1 Like

As a member of IFATC myself, I can reassure you by saying that none of us are “out to get you”. Just make sure that you always follow instructions and never do anything that will ruin the experience for others. Just remember to be professional and you should never have a problem, I hope this eases your fears. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

9 Likes

but you know i ended a flight on expert as me and this other guy flew as per rules but we got close on the map as we took off and turned…the other guy was orange…i just quit the flight… @DeltaONE

You dont need to next time…

1 Like

i was thinking i would get ghosted…

I see what you are saying. All the time we are actively monitoring the airfield to ensure that all aircraft have a safe separation when we are controlling. If you were cleared for takeoff, than although it looked “dangerously” close to you, it may not of been as close as it seems. We are trained to understand separation, you can always trust our judgement. Even if this was a mistake by the controller, and you do get ghosted because of it, you can just go to the replay and send it to whoever was controlling. We mess up sometimes and if we are wrong in ghosting, it can and will be reversed.

1 Like

oh ok…i guess i should try flying more expert…

The only time I had fear on expert server was the first few flights and my first time coming across ATC

2 Likes

Not at all. I know what to do. If you’re not confident on your skills to be in Expert, then don’t go to expert. However, it IS the most realistic. You won’t get ghosted for a small mistake.

1 Like