Are VAs recognized?

I was wondering if Virtual Airlines are recognized to the point where they have callsigns and liveries. I was also wondering if this is something that these VA’s can work towards?

2 Likes

Virtual Airlines are not “official” in Infinite Flight (for now). ANYONE can use any livery and call sign that he or she desires. Virtual Airlines are not banned from the Infinite Flight Community, but arguments over the ownership can get you temporarily suspended from the website.

No, you can’t recognize a VA in Infinite Fight, even if they ‘claim’ it is their call-sign.

1 Like

I think this would be an awesome idea. You work hard on your Airline, IF recognizes you as being a valued entity with the community and you can work towards having a livery and callsign established.

4 Likes

I strongly disagree.

Thinking your logic, we might as well sell an entire aircraft to a user, a 737BBJ for example, so only they would have access to it.

1 Like

Flybe virtual has no problem

1 Like

We don’t need any custom liveries or callsigns. Things that do not exist in real life are things we don’t need in IF either. I think if you can fly around with a group of pilots with the same callsign it’s fine.

2 Likes

This does not even slightly refer to the topic.

1 Like

I am going mad with this Qantas Virtual stuff everywhere…

2 Likes

Uhm… wrong topic or off-topic?

1 Like

this is what I was refering to…

@BavariaAVIATION

But Ill change some of it

1 Like

TravelSky Airlines (my VA) is recognized here

2 Likes

Technically, everybody could fly with a Qantas livery and with one of your Qantas callsigns. Still it is not confirmed the player is part of the Qantas VA. And that’s the same for every virtual airline.

2 Likes

Actually it has to be. Normal players cannot access the shedule page unless they have a membership. If they have a unidentified callsign there faking it. The callsigns used for the shedule page are not your average callsigns. You cant just guess it.

Let me reasure you this, I have been able to tell who is Qantas Virtual and who isn’t. :) It also shows in there skill level.

Our training system is pretty down patt.

2 Likes

I understood nothing but I’ll just ok it :D

1 Like

Sorry I go into the phase of explaining, ha ha :D. You need to know Qantas Virtual before you understand these things :)

1 Like

honestly I wish other VA’s had Qantas’ level of organization. It would be pretty cool to do that in American Airlines VA but it doesnt seem that active.

3 Likes

American is a partner of Qantas Virtual :).

I hope they do become more active…

1 Like

I allowed VA’s to be added to the IF Acronym list because a lot of players use them in their display names on IF live.

However, I do not really approve of VA’s. I’ve heard they’re demanding and people can sometimes argue over ownership as @Maxim pointed out.

5 Likes

interesting point of view. I wanted to be a part of one because I am not a real pilot but I would have loved to be one and I see them as a deeper connection to the world of IF.

1 Like

TravelSky received a threat from “White Wings” VA because we used the generic liveries!

1 Like