Are trim important in IF flight

Is it important to use the trim and if is there any tutorial video on how to use trim on IF YouTube channel, what affect I does I usually keep on 15 on takeoff and 5 on landings is that even right

1 Like

Trim is certainly quite important to be used in flight.

There is a tutorial that you can find here: Improving My Aircraft Endurance/Extending Range, and there is also another tutorial outside of the IFC here: https://www.boldmethod.com/blog/lists/2018/04/7-times-to-use-trim-on-your-next-flight/

2 Likes

I put it always at 30%. It helps me a lot during takeoff and landing

2 Likes

It is kinda like calibration so it makes it easier to control the plane. I learned by just messing around with it and figured it out

2 Likes

Yes it’s very helpful, especially with big planes.

2 Likes

It is helpful, I learned that from experience (ie: I’m on approach when I disengage AP and I start climbing at 5,000fpm).

3 Likes

In IF I have found that the trim feature does nothing. IRL however, trim is quite important but many planes have automated trim systems.

1 Like

Just be careful you don’t take trim off to sudden or it could cause your aircraft to loose altitude

2 Likes

I don’t usually set trim for take-offs (except in the B747s, I set it around 2-3%, I don’t know why only I set it in this aircraft, but I just do 🤷🏽‍♂️), and after climbing past FL200, I set the trim to the point where the pink lines disappear.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty useful feature. It helps mainly with heavy takeoffs and it can kind of smooth out landings as well. Also good for getting some extra miles of range.

2 Likes

Yes I felt it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.