Arctic Thunder 2018

This weekend, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson (JBER), Alaska hosted it’s bi-annual open house. This year the US Air Force Thunderbirds showed up, along with Red Bull including Kirby Chambliss, A T-33, Air Force Alaska’s F16s and 22s! The Air Force brought up two F35s and a Predator Drone.
Here’s some pictures that I took with my camera, enjoy!

21 Likes

Wow! Those are some pretty cool photos. The sixth photo with the smoke in the background keeps catching my eye! Good job.

1 Like

Thanks! I was actually impressed how well these came out lol

1 Like

Nice. Shame about the cloudy sky though.

It cleared up through out the day, we’ve been having real beautiful weather in South Central, Alaska!

1 Like

Are those skis on that chini?

I’m going assume you mean the Chinook, and yes they are!

Boeing tests them in St Louis. Every once and a while I see them in formation flying over my house. It’s pretty neat.

1 Like

Sweet! I’m hoping to get typed rated on them one day!

1 Like

Great pics Mark! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Thank you kindly CBro!

Awesome pictures Mark, well done!!

1 Like

Thanks man! Appreciate it!

Is that fourth picture from the bottom USAF Pararescue?

It is! 212th Rescue Squadron

1 Like

That’s pretty cool…

Wish I could be one of them, if I could be anything for a career path that’s it, but my food allergy puts a pretty big road block in my military aspirations…

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty cool picture of them with the smoke in the background, same with the fighter below them…

1 Like

Thanks KPIT! Sorry about the Military I understand that.

1 Like

@anon93248082 just rocks the photography, I have been looking back at a bunch of your photos, and there are some pretty good gems in there, keep it man!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, it stinks…

But if I do make it in, first order of business take some helicopter pictures to beat your helicopter skiing thread… 😂🤣

1 Like