APU Sound?

It was written that the new update (20.1) added the new feature: “APU with realistic sounds added to all equipped aircraft.” On the 737, there isn’t any noise when the APU is on. Am I missing something?

2 Likes

Nope I don’t hear a sound either

The 737 doesn’t have a sound pack for the APU yet.

The 777 has a full complete set of new custom sounds, however the 737 is based off of the IF standard sounds, does not cover the APU.

1 Like

It might be that your volume is too low as I’ve noticed it is pretty quiet on the interior views. To make sure that it’s there, turn your volume to the max and then start the APU from an exterior view. You should then be able to hear it start up after a couple seconds. Do the same for the interior view. I can hear my APU.

EDIT: I’ve been flying the 772 but I haven’t heard the 737s APU yet. I will try and see if I hear it after my flight.

What is is the difference between “APU ON” and “APU START”

When you want to turn the APU on, you select START. Then once the APU is running it will automatically switch to on.

1 Like

Certain new generation Aircraft are equipped with them, but don’t have the sounds for them.

Aren’t you supposed to leave it at APU start? It should automatically turn to APU on.

I saw a tutorial now
APU START
MAIN BATTERY ON
APU ON

APU OFF AFTER START
APU ON AFTER LANDING.

I’m sorry, but that’s wrong. @Rand1

And while the engines are running the APU doesn’t need to be turned on.

1 Like

The battery has to be on before the APU is started, in real life the APU is started with a battery-powered starter, similar to a car

To actually answer your question… There’s a total of 8 aircraft that have the APU button at this time. Only the Boeing 777-200ER has the sound pack. See Below:

Aircraft APU Button APU Button Has Sound
A318
A319
A320
A321
A359
B737
B738
B739
B772ER

In the near future, when the sources becomes available, i’m sure the sounds will be added into Infinite Flight on other aircraft. Hope you’re enjoying the update! :)

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.