APU, Is it new?

I was looking through IF’s new website and found this. Am I dumb and don’t know about this or is this new for 20.1. I have not heard anything about.

6 Likes

In the 20.1 update the 777-200er will have an apu

11 Likes

APU is coimng to V20.1 for the B777-200ER

2 Likes

To find out more awesome features about 20.1 check the thread below!

4 Likes

Isn’t the APU coming to all aircraft?

Presumably it will - why would the APU be just be a thing on one aircraft - its an aircraft system - like the lights and stuff.

2 Likes

It says not all aircraft are currently equipped with an APU

2 Likes

APUs are used to jump-start engines.

1 Like

Well, I’m hoping they mean that all the jets that actually have them will have one and not prop planes or lighter jets like the citation x

1 Like

Bonkers… we only added it to the Xcub and C172.
Guess we have to push the release a few months.

Sorry!

Get the joke, people.

20 Likes

damnit @schyllberg… did you also add it on the removed super decathlon?

2 Likes

Because some aircraft don’t have them IRL.

2 Likes

APU= auxiliary power unit, a device used on aircraft to provide power while on the ground and to start the main engines.

MaxSez: APU 's are installed on Airliners and some GA Recip twins.
They are not installed of the IF Cub/172’s hopefully. APU are electric generators. The are not employed on spots where ground power outlets are available eg: Terminal Gates for instences.
Turbines require AIR Starts keep that in mind!

Max

3 Likes

I wanna know what GA recip twin you flew that had an APU 😳

And I want it lol

1 Like

@Josh_Suarez. A Tricked Out Super King Air now parked at Page Field, Ft. Myers, Fl Spot 19 at the FBO.
MAX

2 Likes

I’m surprised on how many people just told me what an APU is. I know what it is. But thanks for everyone’s support

2 Likes

That’s nuts. But that’s not a recip twin, isn’t that a turboprop?

1 Like

It said *if it is fitted…

1 Like

@Josh_Suarez… Read the periodicals to stay up to date do you?
Max

“Today, APUs can be found in medium-size and larger civil and military jets, some turboprop aircraft and a handful of military fighters.”
If you have the bucks you can add any periphery that you like that doesn’t effect performance.
(Source: Flying Mag)

2 Likes

Right. I know several turboprops that have APUs but I’d never seen one on a recip aircraft. Mostly because APUs are typically small turbine engines that run on jet fuel. Very few reciprocating props run on jet fuel for now. Hope to see that change soon

1 Like

I hope they add it into my baby, C130!

1 Like