APU (Auxiliary Power Unit)

APU SYSTEM (Auxiliary Power Unit)

IMG_1426

What is the Auxiliary Power Unit?

The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) is a small engine that is located at the back of the Aircraft. When on the ground, (Usually at the gate) and the engines are off, the APU is on to give power to the Aircraft. Once pushback has started, and the engines are on, the APU is turned off as the engines are powering the Aircraft.

Why should this be added?

Welp… Think about it - What about all the realism this would bring to Infinite Flight? The APU would actually make a noise when the engines are off. The lights would also be on in the Aircraft (Cabin and Cockpit) when the APU is on, or when the Engines are on.

Can I vote?

Yes! Go ahead a hit that button on the top left corner that says “Vote” or “Limit”

For more on the APU System, click here:

Thanks everyone!

-CR3W

I would love to see this come to If as it would bring a new level of realism into the game. However, people’s requests have already requested this feature before. I love it though.

Love the thread btw.

3 Likes

It would be great if (for added realism) when the engines are off, the lights and systems of the plane didn’t work unless the APU is on. e.g.if the ailerons and elevators were in their “relaxed” state they would point down and the rudder would point in the direction of the wind. Also, a good APU sound effect would be cool.

Voted!

8 Likes

It would be an awesome addition. It could be introduced with more aircraft systems and a function to switch cabin and cockpit lights on/off. Hopefully we see smt like this soon. Sadly no vote free atm, but if I can free one up I’m in for this.

2 Likes

@CR3W AWSOME IDEA I voted

1 Like

Ohh yes that’s something I first discovered a long time ago but then I kinda forgot about that ,but now u put that up,Boom it’s back in my head and I’d really want to see that becasue I tend to spend a lot of time on the gate planning my flight and observing aircraft ,and It would just simply be a cool realistic feature that enhances IF
I wasted a lot of votes,expect a vote from me when I free some up:)

3 Likes

Great idea it’s eerily silent with both engines off at gate pre taxi 😬.

2 Likes

Great thinking @CR3W !! I voted

1 Like

Voted! This would be a great addition. Main thing that I want with this is the hum of the APU when the engines are off instead of dead silence.

1 Like

This is a brilliant idea! Voted

1 Like

Mate. Everyone on the forum knows how to vote and they’d only vote if they wanted the feature smh.

It’s a good idea, this just annoys me.

I do like the idea behind this, and what a nice and well written feature request!

I think it would be great to have this implemented in the future.

My votes are limited, and to me, there are more pressing things we need right now. Until we get these (Taxi and platfom lights, B747, B777 and A380 rework), I will save this post, and vote later.

3 Likes

+1 vote amazing feature request

1 Like

So really all that is needed is the extra sound of the APU, an extra button to turn it on/off, and the code so that any cabin lights only turn on after starting the APU? Sounds like a great addition :)

2 Likes

Great idea I really hope Infinire flight adds this :)

1 Like

wish I could vote :( SUCH A GREAT IDEA!

1 Like

I love it!! But it eats tons fuel so gotta factor that and add some fuel to what simbreif tells me:)

I just don’t see what it would do for the game. Doesn’t it usually just generate extra juice when the engines aren’t quite cutting it? It’s other functions like starting the engine just seem pointless since you don’t have to do any other part of the start up process. I mean I suppose it would be cool, but I don’t see the need…

1 Like

It can add an extra level of realism to the game, but it wouldn’t really do much of anything, except for some sound when the engines are off.

3 Likes

This is a good idea so I have voted for it.

2 Likes