Approach Procedure (Bug?)

Hey there,I was just wondering why there are often such waypoints as in the image (Waypoint CHA)

Is it a bug or why are they there?

Go around procedure.

1 Like

But why is it there if it doesn’t know if I don’t need to go around lol?!

IF procedures come from the procedures listed on the charts in real life. If there is a waypoint for a go around on the chart, it will be shown in app

1 Like

Just in case, some approach procedures have it. If you needed to go missed, you’d fly to that waypoint and be that altitude.

You can check the airport’s charts and it’ll show you.

1 Like

So basically I just ignore it if I don’t need to Go around right? Abd if so,how do I use it basically

Yeah no, usually I don’t follow the procedures after I intercept the localizer. Than the ILS takes over

1 Like

The idea behind that is that you don’t know if you’ll be able to see the airport environment before you commence an approach. In the event that you can’t, it would be far too difficult to load in the full missed approach procedure on the go. This is why instrument approaches will preload the missed approach procedure for you. If you land, you can ignore that part of the flight plan. If you go missed, the autopilot is designed to automatically sequence it for you.

3 Likes

Ah okay thanks man

1 Like

You can delete it if you don’t think you’ll need it. It’ll delete your listed STAR though.

1 Like

No worries! Have a great day 🙂

1 Like