Approach problem

Hello everyone, today I noticed that in some regions we have approach problems, as today I was on approach to palm beach (ATC approach) and ended up on the edge, my plane started to lose speed and fall down … I was going to fall into the sea

Do you mean when using APPR mode for autoland?

No he means me vectoring him out of the region for spacing. It was a real IF emergency luckily no one crashed 😕

4 Likes

Yes it is as @Brandon_Sandstrom said!

1 Like

but it is not the fault of Atc crontroller

1 Like

There should be some sort of previous warning before reaching the end of the map, the one available appears just before having your throttle idled automatically.

1 Like

I totally forgot they made it to where you can’t even hold the throttle out of the region. Holds around the airport will have to be done in this case.

3 Likes

That is the only thing I don’t like about the south Florida region. That the map border is so close to the airports down the east coast

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking you’d have to hold before vectoring for final approach. It’s difficult still because the region boundaries aren’t visible on the in-game map.

Yea, had the same issue today…got warning that area is outside of coverage, loss of speed, couldnt accelerate anymore, leaver was stuck…florida region …

IRL planes fly circling the airport at different altitudes, what you say would add realism or, if bad implemented or done, chaos.

I mentioned this in a thread about a week ago. The size of the region makes it difficult to get a good approach for runways that are near the coast

1 Like