Approach Lighting System (ALS)

Some of the types:

• MALSR: Medium-intensity Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

• MALSF: Medium-intensity Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing lights

• SALS: Short Approach Lighting System

• SSALS: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System

• SSALR: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

• SSALF: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights

• ODALS: Omnidirectional Approach Lighting System

• ALSF-1: Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights configuration 1

• ALSF-2: Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights configuration 2

• CALVERT I/ICAO-1 HIALS: ICAO-compliant configuration 1 High Intensity Approach Lighting System

• CALVERT II/ICAO-2 HIALS: ICAO-compliant configuration 2 High Intensity Approach Lighting System

• LDIN: Lead-in lighting

• REIL: Runway End Identification Lights

• RAIL: Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

Source, Wikipedia.

(Also @bookers4eva the REIL lights are wrongly marked on that pic)

15 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m talking about

To be honesty I think the old feature should be replaced by this one ,I can say yes the are similar but this one would make landing more interesting and fun …

Cool idea I like it,though I think the topic has been created (base on lighting and all of this in the past)

I honestly want this a lot myself.

gif (1)

19 Likes

already been requested:

6 Likes

Taxiway lights could also be a nice addition along with this

4 Likes

All of the topics mentioned above have been closed. And I think this one is much better formatted 😉

New User can make a new request if the existing has been closed

7 Likes

Don’t pilots have a Frequency to Key the Lights because of Economic Reasons they can’t be on all the Time? The Approach lights, Edge Lights and taxi lights can be turned on from this frequency. I think.

If I remember correctly that’s generally only at GA or quite un-busy airports

Yeah that Makes sense.

Adding on to @Insertusernamehere:
IMG_2599

You have my vote. Many edited airports already include the data for ALS for each runway.

22 Likes

They were all closed recently. It appears OP got mod permission. Flag if in doubt.

This would be a great feature for when it’s dark or low visibility.

1 Like

This would also be great given the addition of low-level fog in the coming update.

1 Like

Uh, a good idea since we cannot even see where we’re going currently with the current fog.

1 Like

This might hit some flak from realists because of all the different kinds of ALSs, but if the airports all (or mostly) have data already, this should be doable. It has my vote!

1 Like

A much needed feature! You’ve got my my vote!

They all have correct data as we add them when editing :)

3 Likes

Yeah those lights would be nice. It would certainly be a good addition to the sim, along with many needed light reworks!
IMG_0515

7 Likes