Approach Lighting System (ALS)

An approach lights system (ALS) is a lighting system that helps pilots line up with the runway in bad weather or for extra help.

This would be a good inclusion with better lighting systems. Also, during bad weather we would be able to premeditate where the runway way is.

The Approach Lighting System (ALS) _Credit: Wikipedia doesnt include name

Of course here wouldn’t be any 3D object, just some lights added 😊

Thanks

you can turn on landing assistance in settings if you’d like. it creates something similar.

4 Likes

This feature would add some realism compared to the Landing Aids

23 Likes

This is absolutely needed for the upcoming Global update (or during Global)! The video belows shows how the ALS helps the pilots land in a foggy snowstorm. Very beautiful approach :)

41 Likes

Great Request!!! I was wondering when someone would mention this.

I am in!!!,

I’ve always wanted approach lights and rabbit lights! If only I had more votes…

3 Likes

We have the most advanced guiding system already, being our map. However sometime in the future it would be nice to have.

2 Likes

I would only want Percison Runways to have them though. You got my Vote

Credit - Crewsing - http://crewsing.us/aim-runway-lighting.html

That’s what your talking about right?

22 Likes

Some of the types:

• MALSR: Medium-intensity Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

• MALSF: Medium-intensity Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing lights

• SALS: Short Approach Lighting System

• SSALS: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System

• SSALR: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System with Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

• SSALF: Simplified Short Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights

• ODALS: Omnidirectional Approach Lighting System

• ALSF-1: Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights configuration 1

• ALSF-2: Approach Lighting System with Sequenced Flashing Lights configuration 2

• CALVERT I/ICAO-1 HIALS: ICAO-compliant configuration 1 High Intensity Approach Lighting System

• CALVERT II/ICAO-2 HIALS: ICAO-compliant configuration 2 High Intensity Approach Lighting System

• LDIN: Lead-in lighting

• REIL: Runway End Identification Lights

• RAIL: Runway Alignment Indicator Lights

Source, Wikipedia.

(Also @bookers4eva the REIL lights are wrongly marked on that pic)

15 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m talking about

To be honesty I think the old feature should be replaced by this one ,I can say yes the are similar but this one would make landing more interesting and fun …

Cool idea I like it,though I think the topic has been created (base on lighting and all of this in the past)

I honestly want this a lot myself.

gif (1)

18 Likes

already been requested:

6 Likes

Taxiway lights could also be a nice addition along with this

3 Likes

All of the topics mentioned above have been closed. And I think this one is much better formatted 😉

New User can make a new request if the existing has been closed

7 Likes

Don’t pilots have a Frequency to Key the Lights because of Economic Reasons they can’t be on all the Time? The Approach lights, Edge Lights and taxi lights can be turned on from this frequency. I think.

If I remember correctly that’s generally only at GA or quite un-busy airports

Yeah that Makes sense.