Approach issue for A320

Since the new A320 live cockpit released. Every time when I established ILS altitude 3000 ft speed 180 knots flaps 1 but autothrust can’t maintain power so the aircraft just up and down somtimes it disconnect the autopilot and stall warning happened. Does anyone have the same problem?

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re established on the glide slope properly?

2 Likes

Yes! I’am sure both Localizer and glide slope are established.

1 Like
2 Likes

The pitching up and down happens to me on normal Autopilot. The aircraft is not able to maintain its altitude so it climbs up and down. I feel this is a very annoying issue and I hope it’s fixed soon…

4 Likes

In your case it seem to be balanced setup incorrect. what is your
cruising speed? If too fast it might cause aircraft unsteady.

1 Like

I follow all procedures for Airbus aircraft, and have been flying the A320 in the Sim for over a year now.

Anyways, my flaps was at 3 while my speed was at 185.

2 Likes

Also, this happens on approach, not during cruise.

1 Like

I’ve experienced it I’ve found if you engage APPR then disengage it then reengage it it will then work fine

2 Likes

Regardless of your weight-you should be flaps 2 at 180kt. Airbus policy actually states 170-180kt and flap 2 at 2000’ above the airport. Heavy MLW A320’s will have a green dot speed on approach of about ~215kt-meaning that below that speed you should be flap 1. The S speed is your next target speed and where you go flap 2-that speed is usually just around 195-205 or so.

1 Like

This is WAY worse in the A321 (since the 19.2 update-it shouldn’t be like this but I understand Laura shifted some weights around on the A321 so now instead of bobbing at cruise-it does it at Approach speeds-prior to 19.2, the A321 had zero issues maintaining altitude with Flap 2 and 170-180kt while waiting to intercept the glideslope. This now also happens in the A320 since 19.3 although it is much worse in the A321.

1 Like

I have the same issue

1 Like

It happens to me as well! Try setting the mode from nav to GPS when you are established on the localizer. It worked for me. Give it a try and let me know.
It does need rework

2 Likes

Wilco, thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

is this is APPR related issue? if so i recommend using Manual Thrust for APPR. i test it on solo and usually when i am flying an approach manually once i engage APPR it doesn’t take Throttle control so the throttle always stays manual and by manually controlling thrust the aircraft flies so smoothly down to the runway ^_^

3 Likes

I feel like the apple mode needs to be reworked

1 Like

I tried but it was same issue even flaps 3 on 180 knots :(

1 Like

This is a known issue which will probably be fixed in the next update.

The developers are well aware of the problem and they are probably fixing it.

4 Likes

@schyllberg can you confirm this?

1 Like

Yes it is a bit harder but I grease now every landing with hud view

1 Like