Approach into Yellowstone Airport

My approach into Yellowstone Airport (KWYS) after departing from Minneapolis (KMSP) on the Casual Server. That’s the B737-700 about midday.

45 Likes

Thanks for choosing Montana! We don’t have many people that fly here in IF and when we do it’s awesome. Next time you should try to flying into a different Montana airport, there is a lot you haven’t seen.

5 Likes

Love the photos! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Great pictures, keep up the good work!

Also welcome to the IFC :)

1 Like

Thanks! Enjoyed the flight.

What airports would you recommend?

I would recommend KMSO, KBZN, and KGPI

2 Likes

Awesome photos! Welcome to the IFC!

1 Like

That is beautiful. Why haven’t I flown to Montana yet?

3 Likes

Just made a quick hop from KSLC to KBZN. Great views on the way in. One of my best landings yet, too. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

that’s cool and all but where are the yellow stones? it’s a joke for anyone that didn’t get it

1 Like

Awesome pictures! You’ve got to fly into Jackson Hole one time too (KJAC).

1 Like

Welcome to the IFC! We hope you enjoy your stay! Very nice pictures! Montana is a very underused and underrated state!

1 Like

I’m driving into Yellowstone rn, what a coincidence

1 Like

Any good GA routes?

Montana is so underrated in IF, it’s amazing! Great photos too!

2 Likes

Oh man. Ohhhhhh man.

Montana has a huge GA community, so naturally I see a lot of what they do. Since Montana has some pretty tall mountains, in GA aircraft you are going to have to follow the valleys when traveling between cities, which commonly have highways which make them easier to follow.
Here is a brief pic of some of the major inter-city highways in Montana
The ones I suggest are KMSO-KGPI, KMSO-KGEG, KMSO-KBTM, KGPI-KGTF, KBZN-KHLN, and KBTM to KHLN. Go to like google maps or something and look for those highways, and those will guide you very well.

5 Likes

The best pictures of IF I’ve seen in months.

1 Like

beautiful shots. gotta love the mountains 😍

1 Like

Yep, Montana is beautiful so I’m not surprised

1 Like

Thank you sir! I will definitely check these out. I just got Grade 4 (woot!) and need to start building time (as well as keeping up landings), and I love some low and slow GA.

1 Like