Approach into SFO via BDEGA3 arrival

Hello,
I am flying Air India flight to San Francisco and planning my approach into sfo. But I am confused whether I will get the approach in the realistic way or not. I have attached a screenshot below with the approach i am highly interested in flying. So, should I expect this kind of approach at sfo or they will give me a different approach.

1 Like

Hey! If the Arrival is ATC preferred, there is a high chance you will get to follow that. Though looking at the current situation at SFO would suggest there is a high chance you will have to deviate from your flight plan due to the high volume of traffic.

2 Likes

Given the amount of traffic at SFO rn you are likely to be deviated of your FPL.

1 Like

Currently I am 2413 nm away from sfo and estimated time to sfo is 5 hours and 14 minutes. So, i think there will be slightly decrease in the traffic at sfo at my arrival time, So still they will deviate me from my flight plan?

2 Likes

Hate to break it, but this is still not the peak time of traffic😬

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct

1 Like

@Flyingshib Possibly it depends on the traffic amount at the time. 5 hours and 14 minutes is going to be in the middle of tonight’s IF stream so its gonna be busy.

2 Likes

It’s very busy at KSFO right now, I wouldn’t be surprised if you get vectors.

1 Like

Unfortunately the answer is almost certainly no because of the reasons highlighted above. However, with the arrival of regions in just a week, traffic should be more spread out, which will encourage the use of realistic procedures!

2 Likes

How are you able to post an fly at the same time?

3 Likes

He’s likely just looking at an IF flight tracker or he’s using a different device to the one he’s flying on

1 Like

I use different devices, IF on my Iphone IF community on my laptop.

3 Likes

I descended via the BDEGA3 arrival about 1.5 hours ago… Very disappointed I had to abandon my flight after about 45 mins of vectors on a tour around the whole San Francisco basin.

Unfortunately NORCAL approach is struggling a bit, at least they were for me… Got handed back to Oakland Centre twice, once when actually lined up with 28R! Then approach vectored me away from the airport again and went offline.

I was really hoping to fly in and enjoy seeing the crowds… I’m just going to have to spawn in instead and try to fly out…

2 Likes

Nice I didn’t think of that, I will do as well thanks.

1 Like

Man it’s still busy.

No problem, happy to help.

Oh! I have experienced such issues many times! In Dubai event that was scheduled on 22 April the same happened with me. The approach controller made me move to Dubai with a very long duration. He was just deviating me from the flight plan I filed and then while i was on final he asked me to maintain a speed of 180 knots or greater which is much higher than normal approach speeds into the airport! And this also made my landing unstable! Anyways, I think you are right one should plan flyout events at busy airports!

2 Likes

Same here I do that too!

1 Like

You will overfly the airport at 10,000-11,000 feet then take a turn into the downwind for your runway and at the end of the orange cone do a 360 and align to the runway.

I flew Seoul to San Francisco today and I overflew the airport at 10,000 but ATC made me take a left and made me do a right downwind so it may change

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.