Approach controller

Hello ,
Good morning ,
I have one question
Is there any rule to not accept arrival from nearby airport ?

1 Like

Yeah, there is. You may be denied entry if you’re local flying.

Hey!
If you are flying to a busy airport with more than 40 people waiting in line for landing, no, the controller won’t accept any aircraft arriving from a airport 10nm away trying cut in line of all those pilots patiently waiting.

3 Likes

Yes, if it is busy they will not allow it. You commonly see it on the FNF when TFR’s are set up to restrict local flying.

Hello ,
Perfect ,
There were only 3 aircrafts on approach at KMCO (orlando international ) .
The approach gave me instructions to divert the airport is to busy .
And asked me to change it to jacksoneville center to divert me .
As there were 3 aircrafts on approach i tried contacting tower to make an visual approach.
And orlando approach reported failure to divert . it doesn’t make sense to me .
And there are few approach control who just ask to divert … Even if the airport just have 4 to 5 aircraft on approach .
Its 2 nd time it has happened to me .
Its a request to look into it

1 Like

You should contact @appeals (with a replay ready) if you want to try and have the violation removed, or you should contact your controller to find out more about why the violation was issued and learn from it. I’ll edit this post with their tag so you can contact them.

Edit: @ToasterStroodie has me covered with the controllers 😁

2 Likes

Your radar controllers at the time were @Declan_O and @TRDubh. Please PM them your questions

3 Likes

Flights that usually take 5-10 minutes (Like flying KFLL to KMIA) can be denied entry, even with minimum traffic. It helps the traffic flow so you don’t have people flying right into your airspace after departure.

1 Like

Hello ,
Good morning ,
I am sorry but if its minimum traffic than its not right to ask and divert and report …
Approach controls in this game do often give wrong instructions and report .

Please contact the controller that reported you. Your controller was @Declan_O. Or, you can contact @appeals with your replay.

1 Like

Every situation is different depending on a wide number of variables. Share your replay with @appeals if you feel there is an issue.

Some events, like FNF, say no local traffic in the event description.

4 Likes

Declan would be the right guy to go to as he made the report, I was just center.

2 Likes

Hello ,
I didnt get any help from appeal .

Please check your messages. We sent you a reply yesterday 😊

2 Likes