Approach Controller @ (KORD) (Expert)

Well done to whoever was approach at O’Hare tonight brilliant job and take my hat off to them they was really busy and still kept everything moving! 10/10 well done!

15 Likes

Good job well done my IFATC!

2 Likes

APP was amazing, but I think for realism, controllers (including myself (not IFATC, but soon)) should do a little research on the airport they are controlling

For Example at KORD this is realistically what happens

West Pattern
-28L Closed
-28C Heavy Arrivals/Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals
-28R Intersection departures (All Aircraft)
-27L Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals
-27R Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals
-22R Closed
-22L Narrow Body Departures/Regional Departures

East Pattern
-10R Offset Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals
-10C Heavy Arrivals/Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals
-10L Intersection departures (All Aircraft)
-09R Narrow Body Arrivals/Regional Arrivals/Narrow Body Departures/Regional Departures
-09L Narrow Body Departures/Regional Departures
-04L Overflow (rarely used) Narrow Body Departures/Regional Departures
-04R Closed

3 Likes

well done @JTV !

3 Likes

Earlier today over at Meigs IFATC Ash threw down a good session. Hats off.

2 Likes

As cool as it would be to follow something like this, we just can’t accommodate these types of procedures given the sometimes unrealistic amount of traffic we deal with. When controlling, we just work with whatever is the quickest, smoothest and most efficient way to get everyone off the ground and landing, based on traffic, weather, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback! I really appreciate it! :) @Captain_Infinite @SkyHighGuys

Yes you’re right! @sk28 KORD has so many different rwy to use…but it’s nearly impossible to check the aircrafttype and then to decide which rwy I’m going to to use for this aircraft. So we have to keep it simple; especially if there are more than 20 arrivals! We try our best! ;)

1 Like

Last night you was the man ;) next time your doing approach tag me please would love to do that again with you sometime!

1 Like

Exactly, especially because there is no real way to tell people to have an intersection departure, so I totally understand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.