Approach circuits on Infinite Flight

Hello all the Infinite Flight community.
I am an unconditional player and I fly quite regularly on the expert server.
But I made a statement and I would like your opinion on that.
Whenever I am approaching an airport and my flight plan is very correct as in real life, the approach controller always deviates me on another route.
I’m wondering if there are specific approach circuits for airports on Infinite Flight or if it’s like that in real life.
I will be happy to have new knowledge on this.
Thank you in advance…

1 Like

Approach controllers on expert will often try to follow the real world approach patterns but that is not always possible in Infinite Flight due to unrealistic amounts of traffic at times. We try but it won’t always be possible.

8 Likes

Yes airpots have certain patterns they use for organizing aircraft
Approach on expert should have a pattern that’s efficient and easy for pilots
And relieves the Tower
Your not always gonna get the call for the runway Your fpl goes to
There could be a runway 25L that your fpl is set for and appr vectors you to 12L for example.
It depends on what kind of pattern the appr is using.
IFATC appr should be doing a good job at this and u should have no problems

They try to do realistic patterns but it’s not always possible

1 Like

Usually I don’t follow real world approach path as it is usually not the most efficient way to do things.
In IF there are no airspace restrictions, runway use restrictions, etc which often allows us to cut corners.
Only if the terrain greatly restrict the approach path available, I would follow real world approach path

1 Like

I understand better, then I should make a flight plan that will bring me near the airport and follow the instructions of the approach controller

3 Likes

If there is ATC I’d highly recommend that but if it’s a Unicom u can make your fpl to a specific runway

1 Like

Great, thanks very much for help

Just create a flight plan with an arrival and approach to a runway as you usually would. It doesn’t really matter if you get vectored (you should expect to) don’t freak out. Sometimes if I’m told to expect a different approach than I’m expected I’ll adjust my flight plan just I might want an lnav path to follow on final approach but if not I’ll just let approach vectors me. It’s important to remember that you aren’t the only one flying in to an airport and that you must be able to adjust on-the-fly

I lie to plan the correct SID and STARs for the flight that I am flying. Sometimes you are able to fly these as planned, but when busy then IFATC might change the routing. Before I reach TOD I use the map to see where inbound traffic is being sent and adjust accordingly

1 Like

IFATC also can’t see your flight plan – only a line pointed direct to your destination airport. So if you check in, we can’t tell if you’re planning to land on the correct runway or the other end. Your FPL could be exactly where we vector you, but we’ll never know that. That’s why we vector you.

3 Likes

There is an argument there that SID and STARs should be implemented on to Expert, that way an inbounds aircraft could be instructed to follow different inbound routes. However that would mean a lot of extra programming built into the system for every airport so I don’t see that happening anytime soon!

However both IFATC and Pilots should try and follow the appropriate plates where possible as this will help both out as well as continue to be a professional and expert experience on the Expert Server.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! Often times, in the absence of plates I try to form a clear pattern for aircraft to follow. It makes it much easier on both sides!

1 Like

even if there is no atc on expert and you continue on unicom. please don’t make it look silly just because you have an fpl to 01R for eg. and you see other pilots making in for 19L. do follow the flow of traffic.
and when active atc is conserned we do look at charts before opening and try to follow the real world possible when situation permits.
Thanks.
:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.