Appreciation

Thanks to the pilots that came out to support my learning while doing G/T and then Approach on TS1…Thank you All for All following my ATC Instructions. Not one issue…Very Rare on TS1. Thank you again

8 Likes

This was at KMIA and Im grateful

1 Like

You’re lucky my stupid phone wouldn’t take a screenshot.

Why in the world would you force me to taxi from gate D1, two feet away from 26L, all the way around the airport to 27?

15 Likes

Just because you are closer to a green RWY doesnt mean that runway is in use. That happens in real life you know.

7 Likes

I’m an IFATC Supervisor and Recruiter/Trainer, I’m well aware of how to work ground, thanks.

The guy parked next to me was given 26L. It was in use.

I know how to work a field.

21 Likes

That has nothing to do with it. If this were real life, then I’m sure many people would appreciate holding behind a heavy for wake turbulence.

The whole point is efficiency. There’s nothing to warrant a taxi that long unless there’s a very good reason. And as MIA is nowhere close to heavy traffic operations as it is in real life during the course of this session, 27 shouldn’t be a problem. In fact, it should always be considered. Flow is better that way.

3 Likes

No:

1 Like

I would have done the same thing, you need the exercise. 🙃

18 Likes

Hmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Infinite Flight: now with an integrated fitness programme

11 Likes

I am from KMIA, i see departures from 08R and arrivals to 26L, today at KMIA 08 and 09 runways where not in use, the 26 and 27 where, unless he was in an A380, 26L is perfect, supers take concourse J which is right next to 27-09 and heavies or smaller take 26L-08R. No need to send him all the way to 27 as that is a really long taxi from concurse D. Just a note if you’re controlling KMIA

3 Likes

Because Im the Ground Controller

Now really isn’t the time to get smart-aleck with him. Just sayin’. Pick and choose your battles.

1 Like

So, it’s a power play?

1 Like

Besides I like my Departures spread out as to be efficient

So… an empty airport with maybe one or two planes warrants “efficiency” to make someone taxi for two miles?

3 Likes

The airport was not empty and I needed the extra taxi time for inbounds…geezz…

Must have been one hell of a line to 26L.

7 Likes

Joshy joshy joshy is always correct, it gets boring when an airport is empty, and it gets stressfull when its full. Efficiency does not mean taxi for 420 miles, maybe putting space between your departures 😉 Is.

3 Likes

I would have been the first to the line. Not kidding.

2 Likes