APPR not working

Hey guys,
I’ve been trying to teach myself how to use the APPR mode. I’ve watched the tutorials, and I copied exactly what the guy said. I had the glide scope. However, I need VS on. And rather than continue to APPR on the glide scope, it chooses to follow the VS autopilot setting instead. Anybody know what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

This post from me isn’t going to be much help but I can say that I had the same issue yesterday and landed manually, then today in the same aircraft I tapped it and it worked flawlessly. No idea I’m afraid but I’m sure that someone knows what we are doing wrong!

1 Like

Get below the glide slope. So 3000 FT AGL. Turn APPR. And have your VS set to 0. It’ll lock the glide slope and guide you in.

1 Like

I assume my problem before may of been altitude. I had my VS set to -1500 and it just did its own thing (said -1500 but was really -1200). Thanks for clarifying.

Yea once you get to landing ALT, so 3000 agl, make sure your VS is 0. Everything should work.

1 Like

Try taking a look at this topic. Might help :-)

Yeah, definitely make sure your VS is set to 0 otherwise it will HAVE to follow your VS setting. Your altitude will change by itself.

I had it set to 0. Still wouldn’t take the glide path. I followed everything above. What do I do? @TheOrxy @Alphadog4646,

Did you have the correct ILS runway set next to the localizer? (middle-bottom)

1 Like

If so then keep trying using the APPR mode. Maybe it was just one instance.

The tutorials are no longer relevant, asAPPR was reworked in 19.2. Once you are on a course to intercept the ILS set APPR mode. Once it is set the plane will continue to fly the heading and altitude in the autopilot until it intercepts the localiser, at which point it will align with it and automatically fly the rest of the approach.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.