APPR Help

I am not very good at landing the planes so I have the help of the APPR but at the last moment it all ways seems to stall and crashes and I want to become level three because I can the use the nice server! 😭

5 Likes

Just keep on tipping at away at it! You will get there eventually! :)

4 Likes

What aircraft? And what landing speed / flap setting are you using?

A319- flaps full- speed about 100 notts .

100 knots is too slow for the A319. 120-130 knots is a good range depending on your weight.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Try 130 knots. Also the Airbus auto throttle is a little sluggish and I find it undershoots a bit, so try and reduce the speed down in 3 - 5 knot increments.

Oh and check the landing weight too! 50% or lower is needed.

When I first played IF I forgot about weight settings and tried to land everywhere at 100% weight - it didn’t end well.

If you are using APPR , which I use all the time when I’m flying . Like a few mins ago i used a A319 and I land at 160 knots

1 Like

You just can’t be a Grade 3 without knowing how to fly manually.

I am Grade 3 I never used to use APPR until Monday because I didn’t understand it at the time

1 Like

I landed it yey😀

2 Likes

Can you help me then??

Best way to go, #tutorials section here on the forum. Just browse through it and you’ll find dozens of great tutorials which should get you trained for the Advanced Server in about a month.

2 Likes

Nice work buddy. Now practice a lot, and gradually turn off the auto pilot closer and closer to the runway, and you’ll be landing like a pro in no time.

Also the landing aid rectangles are helpful if you want to practise fully manual approaches and landings. Little movements work best, not over correcting like a rally drivers steering wheel.

Have fun!

It’s not a cut and dry thing, you just can’t “be good” at flying. Every situation is different. You have to understand and analyze each scenario differently. You might have a lot of wind, or fog, or be too high on final or not have your gear down…The best answer, and I know it sucks, is to google everything, watch youtube, read the tutorials.

100 knots is the landing speed of a Cessna. Unless you use appr, 130 is too slow for landing. When you start landing manually or with autopilot, do about 155 knots if I’m right.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.